Assetto Corsa Comp World GT FKR GT3 sprint series 3

Discussion in 'Blancpain GT3 Sprint Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

In other news > We have upgraded ACC to a 40 slot server ! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Roberto Balli

Roberto Balli Pro Driver Donator

Hi Rob :)
    I saw in the server that start time of race is set to 6:00 AM , is it right so ?

See you on Saturday

3. Rob Milliken

Yes with time excel x10 so should be some nice lighting changes ..
    Time excel is now set to 1X...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

is there a decent guide to pit stops? I’ve never done a long race like this in ACC. Does it force a driver change by 65mins like the real series? Is that handled automatically when you pit? I’d hate to race for so long only to have it ruined by a pit fiasco. Am dreading what to do already if the weather changes having no experience of it. Feel a right newb in ACC despite 20yrs of sim racing

• Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

And enough with the freaking RAIN !!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

LOL ... let the fight begin ...
    All you guys who don't like swimming to the finish line, select agree :p
    Also, please "like" and subscribe to this post ...

upload_2020-4-3_16-58-20.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

In the same boat Mark. Always the same with a new sim. I have yet to setup my screens let alone do any laps so I have a very steep learning curve if I'm going to race tomorrow :eek:

8. Rob Milliken

In one of the threads in the ACC forum I remember discussing the pit stops .. let me see if I can help a little ..
    1.First you have the ability to build presets to select from the cockpit as you have to do everything on the fly once in the car ..
    2. there is no "request pit" button you simply box when your ready ..
    3. use the rev limiter ! the rev limiter will keep you from getting a drive threw it also (just like the real cars) will only work when the car is in first gear ! if you accidently shift to 2nd the limiter will shut off , this is how they launch from the pits = once you cross the "pit out" line you simply shift gears and the limiter shuts off.
    4. You will need to map your wheels/buttons ,what ever , to be able to navigate the pit stop page .

Check this link for some more info > https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/round-2-nurburgring.3624/#post-29959

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Very little experience of this sim so no rain please :)
    No its even worse than that its not even installed. May pull out of this one :(

10. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Do we really want this x10 with dynamic weather for a 75min race? I strongly vote against if that counts for anything. It is not exactly realistic in my opinion, and would require potentially many pitstops as tyres will be all over due to changing temperatures. Time of day, ambient temperature, cloud cover all impact grip. From the testing I've done so far these rapidly changing conditions will not result in a good experience.

I didnt do the prep series but was it the same race setup in that series?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I can't see the server. I notice in the blurb at the top it mentions Min Rank. Is that a ranking system within the game? HELP!

12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ranking is off
    Type simracingonline in to the search box it will show then.

13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

It says I need a safety rating so I guess I have to do some of the career mode. Not a bad thing. I think I'll withdraw from this round and get some laps under my belt. Cheers :)

14. Rob Milliken

Ok then The Time excel is now at 1X normal time ..
    This sprint series consists of 4 series, we are currently in the 3rd , If you raced in the first 2 you will see how we have progressed, as stated in the pre race notes, with the weather where the first series we had no random weather = no rain as we learned the sim & you can drive any car for each race, series 2 introduced random weather at level 1 , round 3 will use randomness of 2 with your car selection locked after round 1 ( you must now use the same car for all 6 events in series 3) .. .. we had 6 months learning with this sim in this series starting with series 1 = no weather, series 2 = level 1 .. These early events were there to prepare us for final 2 main series 3&4 . We don't control the weather the sim does .. @ randomness of 2 (2nd lowest) we leave it to the sim gods to determine the weather ..
    *In ACC MP config you cannot make it rain or tell it when to rain ectt.. , you can only select the randomness .. every time the server restarts it will determine the weather for each session biased on the randomness ..

• Like Like x 3
  15. Nigel Middleton

Forgot about that Paul when I purchased my game I done a lot of offline practice that put my rank up.

I know Carl had to do it as when he went to go on the server it would not let him.

16. Nigel Middleton

I will expect rain then :)

17. Rob Milliken

The rankings are off so something else must be going on ..That said if you have not even turned a lap in the sim that might explain it ..but I don't know ..All rankings are set to 0 on the server .. the password is all your supposed to need ..o_O:rolleyes:

18. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'll enter the series in round 2. Hopefully be then I'll be a bit more familiar with it. Cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob Milliken

I do agree with this ^^ and have moved it back to 1x Although its still not certain how time excel actually effects the tires & grip as I believe these are not effected or it would be a sham .. I have raced in 14X to simulate a 24hr race and did not notice any extra grip loss or tire ware as the weather & day/night came & went other then the normal day/night temp differences . So another reason for the change is for round 1 I don't want any server mishaps +weirdness because the time is excelled .. (in testing on kunos servers it was fine:rolleyes:)

Ok its ZERO hr and Round 1 of series 3 is about to start :D
    I can say with 80% confidence that it will NOT RAIN ! so caz I know math:cool: that means 20% chance of shower's , so the lady's might want to pack there umbrellas ..lol :p
    See you on the GRID ! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Server handbook - for track grip

edit: of course, if you start at 6am with a track temp of 15 degrees, and run with no cloud cover, the track temp may get to 30 degrees by midday, and your tyre pressures would increase.
    So you'd have to start with lower pressures that are are in the optimum range when the track heats up. (or start in the optimum pressures and then run them slightly too high when the track heats).