rFactor 2 General Info & Rules

Discussion in 'MAK-CORP SWC GROUP C 1990s' started by John vd Geest, May 11, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO Group C banner.jpg

SING UP HERE

WELCOME TO THE GROUP C SPORTSCAR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    MAK-Corp Group C Community Update V1.2

Demo race at Mexico 1988

INTRO
    Most sim racers will know or have played the Group C mod from MAK-CORP. It has been regarded as one of the best mods of rRactor 2 by the community.
    But it was a bit dated since it has been around for quite a few years. Since the original developers are not working anymore on the mod anymore, some inspired community modders have taken up the task of improving the mod to current standards. This has resulted in the present mod version V1.2.

From the community modders:
    As the title says, this is a community update for the infamous Group C mod by MAK-Corp. All credits belong to them and more info about the changes can be found on the official forum. There are a few other skins added to the pack by @Highlandwalker and @rvieira.

This updates includes new icons thanks to Chris and his online tools, better structured and standardized skin descriptions, new filters, 11 new 962 skins and 6 new C11 skins created by me inlcuding infamous colours and schemes from the mid 80s and early 90s, new driver model, several visual updates and an overhaul of the AI with new BOP, talent files for all cars and drivers and improved behaviour.

Install
    To install the mod you have to download the file and extract the rfcmp file to your packages folder and install it with the modmanager or the ingame content managment tools.
    SRO has combined the original 3 parts into 1 file. The file is +1000 mb.

There are 3 Group C cars in the mod:
    - 1991 Mazda 787B
    - 1991 Porsche 962C
    - 1991 Sauber C11

- Unique physics for each vehicle
    - Unique engine sounds for each vehicle

All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted

Broadcaster: Rob Milliken
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
  2. John vd Geest

How does each race start?
    The race starts with a Formation lap & ROLLING START.
    When the pole-sitter crosses the startline, the race is on for all.

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification

In qualification, you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

The points system is the same as the original Group C points system from 1991.

Tracks

All tracks are original Group C tracks that were driven in the 1990's.

Event notes

Fuel x 1
    Tires x 1
    Damage 100%
    Qual 15 minutes - Private
    Race 93 minutes (including 3 minutes formation lap)
    The maximum field for all 6 events = 32 drivers.

YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE SAME CAR THAT YOU START YOUR FIRST EVENT WITH (Porsche/Sauber/Mazda).

Teamspeak

Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For those who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Please consider making a small monthly donation between € 2 to € 5,- to help us with the monthly server costs.
    Remember that Sim Racing Online is run by a private group of people, paying everything out of their own pockets.
    Thanks in advance !!
    :)

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  3. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

I'm assuming that every race will be dry?

4. John vd Geest

No, that will not be the case.
    Round 1 Le Mans will start in daylight and end in the night, with a spot of rain in the middle of the race.
    We will not have rain in every race, but in 2 or 3. I will announce in what race there will be rain at the latest 2 weeks before the event.

Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

Shame the mod doesn't have this car.

OnBoard a 1990 Jaguar XJR-12 Group C Prototype at Circuit Paul Ricard

6. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

I'm not that experienced with racing in rF2 but is there a way to see if there's a forecast or when the weather is changing through an app or is it just visual?

7. Matias Estrela

Matias Estrela Pro Driver

There are apps that provides such information. I use a combination of Tiny Compact Hud and TinyPedal. The first one can be found in the rFactor 2 steam workshop, and the second one on the studio 397 forum (LINK). TinyPedal is completely customizable and has a weather description function. It gives the chance of rain as a percentage, and when it does rain, what is the condition of the track, how wet is the best line and how wet is the rest of the surface.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Hi. What engine will be used? IMSA spec or WSC spec?

9. John vd Geest

Only the Porsche has the option to choose between the IMSA and WSC engine. The Mazda and Sauber do not have engine options.

I leave it to the Porsche driver to decide which engine he will choose.
    I would advise taking the WSC engine as that is the faster version. But it also has a higher fuel consumption than the IMSA engine.
    Porsche drivers can make a strategic decision about it.

The Mazda and Sauber engines are in any case BOP'd with the Porsche WSC engine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

I'm just doing some practice now. I presume the R500 tyres are softer than the R600s?

11. John vd Geest

That would be logical, but I didn't test the difference. Only drove on the R500.

12. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

\

Edit: Was wondering if we kept the same cars but some digging answered the question. :D

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

No comment on Johnny's comment . . . but love Phil's emoji reply :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

upload_2024-6-14_21-0-14.png

I'm glad to announce that APTORA Field Service Management Software is once again our series sponsor.

• Like Like x 3