rFactor 2 Info and Rules

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 24, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

IMSA_BANNER.png
    To make it short ... you only have to buy 1 car to race in this series ... the car you are going to drive.

Tutorial | Race Against Unowned Content and Package Management

2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

This series is broadcasted
    Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Lorenzo, Sameer & Ricardo
    Twitch broadcast link: https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)
    Or go to the headlines on top of the homepage on race day.

Formation lap procedure

How does each race start?
    1. The race starts by a formation lap and rolling start (that's why the race time is 93 minutes).
    2. From the second to last corner we go double file
    3. the pole-sitter holds a speed of ca. 120 km/h from that moment on.
    4. The race starts for everybody when the pole-sitter crosses the start line.

No-shows (keeping the entry list real)
    If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification
    In qualification, you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

Teamspeak

Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For those who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Maximum number of drivers

The maximum field for all 6 events = 32 drivers.
    Class LMP2: 12 drivers max
    Class GTD: 20 drivers max

Please consider making a small monthly donation between € 2 to € 5,- to help us with the monthly server costs.
    Remember that Sim Racing Online is run by a private group of people, paying everything out of their own pockets.
    Thanks in advance !! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  4. John vd Geest

GT3 Gear protection system

I noticed that with the new GT3 update and the gear protection system, it was really hard to downshift and I almost had to come to a full stop before I could downshift at all.
    I am used to blipping the throttle on downshifts and that is the problem with this new gear protection system. You can not use ANY throttle while braking or you can't downshift.
    I was never in a real GT3 car, so I don't know if this is a true to life mechanic. Maybe it's just an attempt at realism by S397.

Here is a reply to this from the rFactor 2 forum:
    After looking through a few posts and figuring out that you can't have any throttle at all during a downshift I fixed the problem. I adjusted my throttle pedal to have a bit of a deadzone at the initial travel, turned off autoblip and auto clutch and now it works fine as long as I don't put any pressure on the throttle during a downshift. A little too sensitive in my opinion. Especially since a lot of Sim Racers don't have precise pedal travel.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lorne Martin

Lorne Martin Pro Driver

I don't see the length of the race anywhere

6. John vd Geest

7. Paulo Tempera

Paulo Tempera Pro Driver Donator

Thank you for this awesome series mr John vd Geest
    I will take a spot on the grid ;)
    How it is with car skins ?
    See you on the grid my friends

• Like Like x 2
  8. John vd Geest

Thanks Paulo :)
    You are free to use costume skins in both classes.

9. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Long time no see. I heard that rfactor 2 had a new tire model for gt3 cars and I thought I'd try it and it felt pretty good, so I thought I would participate in this season. I haven't raced with rfactor 2 for a long time, so I have to learn it a bit because so much has changed. See you on the track!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Paulo Tempera

Paulo Tempera Pro Driver Donator

can´t join the track...everything is installed ..steam restarted also
    something is not correct in my rfactor2 , ofline i get cut track on the start line.....any sugestions?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  11. John vd Geest

1. I would suggest removing all old vmods in-game. Those are the mods names that start with "SRO" and file-type is "mod".
    2. double check if you really have all mods installed and if you have subscribed to the same Daytona track on the event page.
    3. did you follow all the instructions in post 1 above?
    4. Do you have a custom skin for any of the cars? Remove that skin (a custom skin usually has a (2) behind the version number)

There is no "cut track" warning on the finishline of the track we are using.
    Please double check that you are using the same track as us.
    We drive the 24 hour track version of the track.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  12. Can't wait to broadcast the series! It's great to see people are very interested in such challenges. Anyway for everyone wishing to have a livery, me and Sam have a Fiverr page called Eitha Racing, we do custom skins for anyone who asks! Considering we love SRO we will give special discounts to anyone coming from here ;) be sure to check it out or send me a DM!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I haven't decided yet, but I may do a BMW/IMSA type livery on the Oreca 07. Will update you all when it's done. Plenty of time so should be ok! lol.

It's a shame we are not using more of the paid DLC tracks but I fully understand why :) Not a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Yeah, custom skins are always nice.
    I would like to use the DLC tracks too, but it would be too much I fear. I wonder what would happen if I did a full DLC series, cars and tracks ...?
    Only me and Bill Gates would show up ...

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

(swoops in out of nowhere) Did somebody say IMSA? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. John vd Geest

Someone sure did :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pasha Paterson

Shame LMP2 is full; I would have liked to try one of those.
    Guess I get to spend a couple of weeks learning how GT3s handle in rFactor 2 :D

18. John vd Geest

Yeah, we have to think about those poor GT3 drivers being dive-bombed all the time. If there are more than 12 LMP2s the balance shifts too much.
    You can always change class in the middle of the series if there is room.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Pasha Paterson

I really hope the custom livery exchange in rF2 works... :D
    Pretty proud of this for a first try of this skin creation model. The material "region" system reminds me a lot of ACC's.
    20230320080420_1.jpg 20230320080454_1.jpg 20230320080529_1.jpg 20230320080607_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Manuel Estevez

Manuel Estevez Pro Driver

This looks really good, so I am willing to give it a try. I have already signed up, but I would like to sign up with my team, Hawnlix e-Sports, how can I do so?

Also, when I get the livery ready, who do I send it to? Or how do I submit it?

Thanks in advance!