rFactor 2 Le Mans Test Race - Sun Sep 8, 2024

Discussion in 'FIA WEC Championship 2024' started by John vd Geest, Aug 16, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

WEC 2024 Banner.jpg
    REGISTER HERE

WELCOME TO THE WEC LE MANS TEST RACE

The Le Mans event is round 3 of the WEC Championship 2024 and SRO is going to do something new for this event.

The duration of the race will be 2.4 HOURS with a full day-night-day cycle.

For that we will set the server up to go x 10 on time acceleration. But we want to test this concept first to make sure we do not run into any trouble like stuttering ect.

We will simulate the real weather conditions of the real 2024 Le Mans, so there will also be rain halfway through in the official event of round 3.

This is an un-official test event, so there are no points awarded and it does not affect your rank.

EVENT DETAILS
    - Qual starts at 19:00 GMT
    - Qual 15 minutes (Track default = qual at dusk)
    - Race 2.4 hours (144 min + 2 min formation lap).
    Try to stay for at least 60 minutes in the race for test results.
    - In-game start time is 16:00 PM
    - Time acceleration x 10
    - Weather variable. After approx. 45 minutes it will start to rain to test the server for stress.
    - Damage 100%
    - Tyres normal
    - Fuel normal

Formation lap until exit of the L'Arche Chicane
    Le Mans Circuit.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up 2.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

for some reason I couldn't select the M6 on the server. from BMW only the M4 is available. but the M6 is the only GT3 car for which I have settings

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

The other McLaren is missing also.

5. John vd Geest

Oh, in my admin logic, I thought members would not care for older car versions.
    I will add them later.

6. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver

Can not get on to the server. I get the below message.
    I own the GT3 pack and the LM track. The two hypercars are installed.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Perhaps an error with the GT3 pack? Is it possible to have the list of the GT3 cars ?
    Thanks.
    GRAB_004.JPG

7. John vd Geest

Can you check if you have the latest versions installed?

S397 Le Mans track = V2.83
    GT3 pack = V3.61
    LMH Ferrari = V1.35
    LMH Porsche = V1.37

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Two older car versions added to the server

On request the older car versions McLaren 650S and BMW M6 are added to the server.
    So you will have to download the software from the S397 store "in-game" of these cars to get on the server if you don't have these cars already.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver

Hey John,
    Have those versions installed.
    As I bought the GT3 pack around 50 years ago maybe I am missing a car or two ? Do you have a detailed list of the GT3 cars ?

10. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

When talking about set ups , is there any one that has a solid wet set up for the McLaren 720?
    haven´t got a clue there :confused:

11. John vd Geest

Hi Larry, this is the carlist that we are using. Maybe you missed downloading the software of 1 or 2 cars.
    Also add the McLaren 650S to that list. You can also find the list on the Championship series page on the right side.
    All GT3's should be on version 3.61.

carlist.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Hey Larry. You don't have to buy all the cars. Just the one your going to drive is good enough. I don't own all the cars and can still get on the server. Hoping you get it up and running.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver

Thanks John and Johnny,
    Problem fixed. Deleted some 3rd party GT3 cars that I had and it worked. Somehow they were interfering with the RF2 ones.

• Like Like x 2
  14. John vd Geest

Glad to hear it. Well done :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Why as a test race is is set to a silly length! Why not just do a 60min race? DO you really expect people to stay for 2hrs and ~20min?

16. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

I will be racing to win Mark like any other race, the fact it does not award points is irrelevant, you either look forward to these races or you don't, if you don't then no need to turn up,

The opportunity to race at lemans for me with a full day night cycle online with others is reason enough to turn up and do the whole thing as if it were a points paying race, because the next time it will be for points and there is no better practice than a full race simulation with competitors.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Mark, I think you might have missed reading post #1 of this forum where you will find that you are asked to at least stay in the race for 60 minutes for test results.

18. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

No i havent, its just a strange situation, becuase its not really a race then is it, just a time trial.

19. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

ADMIN EDIT;
    THIS COMMENT IS REMOVED BECAUSE IT DOES NOT REFLECT THE RESPECT THAT SIM RACING ONLINE WOULD LIKE TO SEE DISPLAYED TO OTHER MEMBERS.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2024
  20. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

The emphasis is on 'TEST'. It's absolutely not a 'silly' length. Why drive for 60 minutes when you have the opportunity to drive for 144 minutes? Yes. I'm looking forward to it. I just wish it was longer :)

• Agree Agree x 2