rFactor 2 Round 1 Albi

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Cup 2023 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

It was a good race, my car was seriously damaged. Should be rolling start till the first corner. :(
    Sorry who I hit after spinning.

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

it was a mess and hit brakes too and also Barrett. after that was little jerky but ok nevertheless.
    Dont have a clue how people have such a high speed again. damn.

4. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

My first race on RF2. Spent about two hours this afternoon trying to get Simhub and Helicorsa working but gave up with frustration. Never mind, I'll race the old fashioned way with no information.
    Practised offline mis afternoon - just couldn't get around the track. Seriously debated withdrawing for a while. Went off and did some chores for a bit. Final practice was much better.
    Enjoyed the racing. Heeded Ken's advice not to charge in and managed to avoid the carnage. Most of my troubles were self-inflicted - changed down into 1st gear in error a couple of times which sent me flying.
    Had a short, enjoyable battle with João trading dodgy overtakes and spins. The last I saw of him was his car rocketing across the fields before he retired.
    Well done to the two guys who 'sandwiched' me on the overtake - brilliant driving!
    Thanks all.
    Simon

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

It has been a while since my last race here at SRO... I had a good qualifying starting from the first row. Unfortunately being a bit rusty I forgot to select 1st gear and nothing happened when I released the clutch after the lights went out. After quickly selecting 1st I got going and had lost 3 or 4 places after the first chicanes. A car in front of me spun and crossed the road. I tried to take evasive action but could not avoid hitting the car which damaged my front suspension quite severely... The next few laps I tried to cope with the damage and how it handled the car... The car had much oversteer and that almost caught me out several times in the first half of the race.

After several laps I was in third having a good fight with @Liudas Askinis for 2nd when @Michał Mazurek overshoot the busstop chicane and when he returned on track I could overtake him while @Liudas Askinis could overtake me again. On the straigth to the back of the track I overtook @Liudas Askinis again, who was missing top speed or let me by. Unexpectedly I was in first and could gradually pull away managing the damage by braking a bit earlier and less hard. The car felt great on this track and I enjoyed the race.

CU soon on the next event in these fun little cars. Grtz Gert

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

I had one of those odd rF2 races where a good handling car in P/Q felt very different when the session went to Race. From reasonably stable (which I like :D) to feeling more loose (not like :mad:) so it was almost like starting again. I couldn't avoid the melee after the 1st chicane, but still ended up relatively undamaged after the contact with Csaba. Too many errors in my driving dropped me back from close behind Neil, but 6th place at the finish was better than I expected at the start, so no complaints.

How Gert-Jan can suffer the damage he did and still drive much faster than so many of us when going slower :eek: is beyond my mere mortal capabilities, so even more grats to him on the win.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Is there a server replay?

8. Ken Jagger

I added it yesterday Neil after somebody else asked for it. The link is on the race results page :)

• Like Like x 1