Project Cars 2 Round 1 Algarve MSP

Discussion in 'GT3 Challenge Europe' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry guys, I’ve just got home from work. I knew it would be close but my apologies.

any chance these races could be moved half an hour later? If not Ken, no problem.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

thanks everyone for the race. With my new steering wheel, I didn't have the same driving pleasure in PC2 that my t300 gave me, but I hardly wasted the tires, didn't heat up, which I had never been able to do on this track before, and the tires stayed fresh until the end of the race. I was glad to see you all, but I will not continue this championship, maybe I will only go to SPA in some exotic car like GINETTA or Nissan, I wish you great racing, good luck to everyone

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Any specific reason for not continuing in this series Roman? It would be a big shame to not have someone as competitive as you running again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

Sorry you couldn't make it Andrew. The start time for all our series is determined by the availability of our admins, myself included, and as you have identified is driven in most cases by our personal circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

No problem at all. It’s amazing how quickly time flies by. Thought I’d be ok bit not quite! Sorry :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Congrats to Roman on the race win and the other podium winners, sorry I went in blind to this race and couldn't get a set up i was happy with , unfortunately I couldn't keep up with Romans pace, and consistency.
    I managed to spin twice but managed to keep a P2 position which I was pleased about considering my spins,and mistakes, but then I had another VR issue about 4 mins towards the end of the race where the screen went black and that was that.
    The Frustration then hits when I was nearly towards the end of the race, so annoying.
    Thanks to all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Sorry for Julian and Andrew, but: new race (IMOLA)-new luck!!!!

Nice to see 10 drivers at the grid again.
    Grats to Roman, once more outstanding pace!!!!
    Happy for Jose, fantastic P2 at his home track!

My race was a bit boring, another pilot hit me and my wing was damaged. After that
    my car was not too bad, but i didnt have enough grip un the last corner. So i fell back from 2
    to 6. Struggling to keep Brian behind me, he kept digging and digging-good job mate!

Great comeback of my teammate Stefan, he was beating his Ginetta round the circuit to manage P3.

Cu all at IMOLA!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Hi All
    As usual first big congrats to Roman ,Jose and Stefan sorry to see that Julian had VR problem again :(
    Also thank you to admins for the fun you give us ;)

Had forgot how hard the GT3 cars is in PC2 , was in doubt what car to take Lambo or Merc had a bit more lap with the Merc
    and it had the best livery:cool: for me. So first race ever with a Merc in any sim racing game.
    In qual I manage to set a time :eek: never done before so second it was.
    Sorry I didn´t had enough courage to use it in the race. Just couldn´t keep up with any off 3-5 places.

Roman did a great start, and I kind off feelt him on the outside, but didn´t see him :oops:
    so off course over break in first corner not to take him out :rolleyes::oops:.
    And the rest is history as they say.
    Hope to see you at Imola

• Like Like x 3
  10. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Just a note Roman we don´t have acces to all GT3 cars.

11. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

I guess is the home factor :D

Nice and steady race for me even if I was scared all race long with an eye on my CPU temperatures going over 80ºC, I need to clean my cooler again :confused:
    I had some days off so this time I was able to make some tests and tuning the car a little bit.
    My biggest concern was the track eating my left tires so I was very carefully and try to keep a steady pace all race long.

See you guys in Imola!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Roman Granatovich

I thought that without me it would be more interesting for the guys to participate in the fight for victory. I have a lot of experience in PC2. which I acquired mainly in GT3 class cars, which allows me to show such a pace on most tracks. If everyone is really interested in me continuing, I will be glad to once again recall the wonderful simulator. But I wanted to ask you to let me change my car to a ginetta, I drove a lot in the M6, but on the contrary I hardly drove a ginetta and I hope this will be more interesting for me and others, the results will be closer

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  14. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

@Roman Granatovich
    If you're so experienced with PC2 in general and GT3 in particular, I'd be interested to hear about your game settings (graphics and FFB) and your GT3 setup! (just so I can catch up a bit...and understand a bit about PC2 settings!) Just to find out a little more...
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm used to being overtaken...o_O it doesn't bother me to see you 1 lap ahead of me...:D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Roman Granatovich

ffb for t300 - very good for me
    simple (I don’t know exactly what this preset is called in the English version, but this is the very first one that is installed by default) ,

for dd (simagic alfa 15) - far from perfect, just tweaked it a little for this championship
    simple
    steering angle in the driver is 900 on both steering wheels

in the graphics I turned off all the effects of haze, rays, glare, dirt on the glass, the rest was done by calibration depending on the power of the system

for setting up GT3 cars, they are well configured by default, just tell me which car you are interested in, I will send the settings on the server if this option still exists or I can take screenshots and post them on the forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Thanks
    I use the AMG for this series.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Roman Granatovich

write to me in advance when you are on the server, usually from 19-21 GMT I have the opportunity to join, I will send you the setup

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ken Jagger

You can also upload them here for everybody's benefit :) https://simracingonline.co.uk/carsetup

• Like Like x 2
  19. Roman Granatovich

Of course, I’ll be happy to upload it, just tell me how I can determine which setup applies to which car or track? they are called, for example, ts__afgnb1sws2-abyra or tsrtg3qibonddx8ab6ia and I have 2700 files in the tuningsetups folder

I'll try to rewrite the settings and find them based on the time of change. Later today I will upload these for amg imola. I hope it works

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Roman Granatovich

strange, but it didn’t work out that way, I went into the game and overwrote only one setup, but my folder shows that 227 files were changed at that moment. Still, I suggest to everyone who needs the settings, let’s agree, we’ll go to the server at the same time and I’ll send it to everyone who needs it. Maybe you can then upload them to the forum settings storage

• Like Like x 3