rFactor 2 Round 1 Circuit de Reims - Sat Feb 10, 2024

Discussion in 'F1 1939 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 6, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

F1 1939 banner 01.jpg

Welcome to Round 1 Circuit de Reims

We will start off in this championship with Circuit de Reims.
    Reims is probably the easiest track in this series, while still good for very exciting racing, in part because of the possible slipstreams and exciting fast corners.
    This will give everybody a good chance to get used to the car.

DRIVING TIPS:
    - Keep a close eye on your tire temps, especially the rear tires. If you slide or make them spin too much, they will overhead = no grip = bad braking = snap oversteer.
    - Use the clutch on gear up-shifts.
    - For downshifts, let the revs drop down far enough to downshift safely, or the engine will blow over time.
    - "Blip" the throttle on the downshifts.

Reims-Gueux
    The circuit Reims-Gueux was a motor racing circuit made up of rural public roads, located in Gueux, 8 km (5 miles) west of Reims in the Champagne region of north-eastern France, established in 1926 as the second venue of the Grand Prix de la Marne. The triangular layout of public roads formed three sectors between the villages of Thillois and Gueux over the La Garenne / Gueux intersection of Route nationale 31. The circuit became known to be among the fastest of the era for its two long straights (approximately 2.2 km; 1ΒΌ miles in length each) allowing maximum straight-line speed, resulting in many famous slipstream battles.

Reims F1 Circuit - History, Crashes and Onboard

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Unless this track gets an update before the first round, I'd consider replacing it. It has some mesh problems.

3. John vd Geest

Hi Neil, what did you discover? Screens/video?

4. Neil Wood

Actually... I couldn't seem to find the bump that people were talking about. But do watch out for the hay fields.... they are unexpectedly solid :D

5. John vd Geest

I know, I've made their acquaintance ... :p:eek:
    I think the track layout is briljant.
    After the hairpin, you go down the very, very long back straight building and building speed up to 320 km/h. And then at the 400 meter mark, slam down the brakes and hope that you come out just right for the next first gear righthander :cool:

6. Neil Wood

You just have to rewire your brain with these, takes a bit longer to stop :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neil Wood

8. John vd Geest

Yeah, that would have been nice. Maybe it will be converted some day.

9. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Sounds exciting. ;) I'm going to try it out...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian Dauger

Interesting!
    The circuit has a greenish tint...! not the usual grey, it looks like it's covered in grass! it's weird!
    As for the cars, the clutch continues to slip even once it's started, and at high speed(this only concerns the Alfa)... I don't know if that's realistic!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  11. Neil Wood

You gotta make sure you lift sufficiently on gear changes.

12. Christian Dauger

oh yes, it's more than done!
    But the clutch continues to slip well afterwards...

Have you tried the Alfa ?

13. Neil Wood

Yeah... I can change the gears OK in it. The tuned and untuned. Are you running auto clutch or auto blip? They could be interfering?

14. Christian Dauger

No, never any help or automation! :eek:
    The gears aren't a problem, it's just that, once started, the clutch sometimes continues to slip, so you have to accelerate very gently (I'm not talking about starting) even at high speed. Imagine, you're at 200 (well, I don't remember what speed!) and the clutch is still slipping!
    That doesn't bother me in itself, but it's just that it doesn't happen with other cars...

15. Neil Wood

Well I will try it again.

16. Neil Wood

I couldn't seem to slip the clutch with the Alfa. I'd check the calibration screen to see if your clutch pedal is glitching a little. You could then possibly add some deadzone.

I was doing some testing on another Reims someone made that apparently depicts the roads from 1994. Certainly a big difference between the two tracks, graphically for one!!
    I archived it but couldn't seem to find if the author had made a version beyond 0.5. You can get air over one of the crests and there are ZERO track markings :D

The track we will be using will be permanently green I believe because the track surface doesn't have the realroad shader applied as I have been picking around in the files a little.

17. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

[​IMG] Dear mates!

All drivers, who are interested in vintage races: please check our new PC2 series with the iconic Lotus 25.
    Tonights track is the old Hoickenheim track with the long straights into the forest.
    Test it and feel free to join.
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/2124

All the best
    Gerhard
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. John vd Geest

The big question is ... Why don't those PC2 classic racing fans join this F1 1939 series? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

I will join some races, even weekends are difficult for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

No problem buddy :)