rFactor 2 Round 1 Fuji

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Japan Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 29, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  2. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

I am not able to join the server. I know I am subscribed to the track and car.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Has any else been able to join and do some laps ?

I have previously raced this Car in another series and I am really looking forward to participating.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  3. Ken Jagger

I can get on OK and another member has been on the server and logged a lap time, so it suggests you have a client end problem.

For the mods you should have v0.7 of Katsuo Fuji and v1.20 of the Apex Super GT500 mod. Does rF2 mod manager show those versions for you? If they do then you must have a conflicting vmod, so I would uninstall any previous mods with a similar/same name and then try and join the server again when it will re-obtain the vmod. I always uninstall all completed race vmods to ensure these conflicts don't arise.

4. Ken Jagger

I'll be away from 27/6-7/7 so will miss this opening race of the series . Good luck to everyone and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Came from 3 days of work in music festival. Work shifts from 13.00 untill its over 03.00 - 04.00 and slept on some school floor.
    Watched people have fun and later get too drunk and fight, pass out, hurt their knees, ankles and even worse. Got home, ate some pasta resigned from event but then decided to go for it.
    Download cars and enter server 30mins before Q so i did decent :D
    Just missed that hard tyre option because i was going to doit on meds but after had some slip in last corner, took pit.
    Anyhow was good race and found little pace too maybe try prepare better for the next one.
    Gz winner and podium!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Please can I get the server replay?

7. Neil Wood

Also... can the start procedure be confirmed in the pre-race briefing? Rules state that the admin will post green when the leader goes, but the admin left before the race.
    Is it single file? Double file? Go at the finish line?

I don't know if it track or car related but I had horrible wheel juddering going through the fast turns and had to turn the FFB way down. Track was way too bright on the eyes again, these older tracks are just graphically poor. Even a change to 2-3pm sessions would be a vast improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Good race all, Gratz to the winners and podium, Joined the series last minute to try and get some points on the board for the team, Definitely could've done with some better preparation only had an hour ish to get used to the car and track, thought I had 7th in the bag but made a few mistakes towards the end and watched Ed fly past, All enjoyable as always. On to the next!

Not sure what went on with the start though, thought the plan was to go over the line? everyone was gone on the last turn. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

Here is a small portion of the replay.

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  11. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Family visits left too little time for practice.
    Apologies.
    NB - it says 1800 GMT on the main screen.

Simon

12. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That is a typo error by Ken. It should be 17:00 GMT. Sorry for that, I'm sure he will fix it when he's back from vacation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neil Wood

Think I'm just going to whack more wing on for the next race. I felt like I just had a different engine in my car at Fuji!!

14. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

Race to forget.... had to turn the FFB down so much to stop the juddering on fast turns. Car was just loose everywhere, had no pace. Even when I saw cars and raced them they turned in on me from the outside thinking my car was just going to vanish.

Get yourselves spotters or race radar or something people!! Turning in on a car that is alongside you? This isn't banger racing!

15. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Barrett! Good stuff. Looked like this race was good. :)