rFactor 2 Round 1 Hockenheim DTM

Discussion in 'DTM 2024 Cosed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ken Jagger

3. Ken Jagger

A mandatory stop must be made for 4 new tyres. The stop can be taken anytime during the race except on the final lap.

4. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Server hasn't been up for the last few days?

5. Ken Jagger

It has been running for several days now with other members on it running laps. Checking just now and we have a member on it.
    What exactly is your problem? Do you not see the server in either the Steam/Game Servers list and/or the rF2 Community servers list?

Are you looking for it in your Server Favourites list?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  6. Robin Taylor

All good now, I had it previously saved to my Favs in rF2, but for some reason it had been removed, so when it didn't see it on there I just assumed the server was down lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lorne Martin

Lorne Martin Pro Driver

Sorry boys, I've been beckoned to the garden tomorrow...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

"beckoned to the garden". sounds sort of nice on first read, but then a bit menacing on palate finish. hope you come out ok.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will miss first the race also due to family events today.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

Ah sorry you can't make it Mark, I know how much you like these cars.

11. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, was planning to race, family event but should have made it ok. I was actually going by the wrong clock and missed out in the end to BST :mad:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  12. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

p.s. bit confused as BST is ahead of GMT so shouldn't it be 6pm GMT and 7pm BST? Anyway, I joined to check anyway and race was nearly finished so I guess its 6pm BST
    https://greenwichmeantime.com/uk/time/british-summer-time/

13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q messed it up as usual
    R again i seem to have lasting tyres and on the downside maybe dont take all out of them. Anyhow decent start and great racing with @Kostas Kantzouras . I got into drs but it took few tries to make it stick. He fooled me once on hairpin and apologies, made my car really phat on 2nd try, but thats how got it done.
    After end stages of stint 1 noticed im catching @Roman Granatovich and while @Nick Westy seems to be on the mood this weekend, he had some happenings on pit so it left me fight for win and chase Roman. Around 45minute mark i had one, bloody one!, mistake with gears, didnt swap to 2nd and left it on 3rd so lost a second on that lap.
    Without that around 52-53minute mark, would have had drs. Passing different story.
    Anyhow i gave it my best.
    Big thank you to traffic that let us drive it!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ken Jagger

17:00 GMT, 18:00 BST so BST is 1hr ahead of GMT. We always keep the start time the same for series, so the Sunday series starts at 18:00 on UK clocks.

15. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

undeserved victory. I don’t understand why I was so slow? no chance to fight with Nick in the first part of the race, I was losing pace to Toni after the pit stop. I used the default settings, just lowered the tire pressure. If it's not a secret, tell us what wing values you used or other setup settings. I lost a second on the best lap, that's a lot

16. Ken Jagger

Whoops I see I made a mistake with the time stated in this sentence which should of course have been reversed i.e. 17:00 GMT/18:00 BST. However the race page times were correct.

17. Toni Talvitie

@Roman well we had same pace, but i dont do much setups jsut take suspension very soft and lower wings and thats pretty much on every car. Its habit that got stuck with me in earlier years of rf2 when it made all the difference to be soft suspension. Now i have no clue after zillion patches but Nick seems to have something going on!!!
    Also i had wing 12 since that it showed me from 4 years ago back setup but im not sure if its optimum. Atleast it makes car lively :D

so springs at 105 or 114 cant remember
    front arb 40
    rear arb 20
    front dampers
    rear dampers
    rear wing 12

its very stupid to drive if not used to.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

thanks, Toni, I watched a few laps in the replay so far I compared only myself and Nick, I oversteer and change gears too early, he was 3-4 km/h faster after each acceleration, this is when neither he nor I used DRS. Now I’ll watch you, it’s very interesting to learn how to drive, I haven’t tried DTM for more than 10 years, only in rfactor1 a long time ago.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Robin Taylor

Good racing all, Was on a better lap in last min of Q but ended up losing it at the last bend, would've been good for P3 or maybe P2. Another slow start for me lost a couple of places with being a bit to conservative, but ended up having a great fight with @Ken Jagger, Decided to make the pitstop half way thru the race but as I was messing with the pit Hud trying to click do not repair I was all over the track and I think I weaved a bit to much which possibly caught Ken out and made him go wide onto the grass. felt like I wanted to give him the place back after that if I got the chance. Nick caught up fast towards the end which then I was able to reverse the position to ken at the end.. Gratz to Roman and the podium.. On To The Next :cool:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Toni Talvitie

well my setup was made 4 years ago and i did have habit of drinking and driving, maybe why i dont win anymore ;D

• Funny Funny x 3