Assetto Corsa Round 1 Oulton Park Island

Discussion in 'Skoda 130RS Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Piazza Gioacchino

Piazza Gioacchino Pro Driver

It doesn't let me download the track, halfway through the download it stops and cancels

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

4. Piazza Gioacchino

Piazza Gioacchino Pro Driver

5. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Sorry guys, I'm going to miss R1. Dinner with friends.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Although I had a few problems in the race, which I definitely take responsibility for my actions in T1 on lap 2, I went for a pass on Ken, to try and get my place back, and ended up understeering wide, taking him with me, having no idea he was the one who rear-ended me at the hairpin on lap 1 pushing me off, letting him and Phillip past. Here I was blaming philip in my mind. lol Sorry Phillip. For my actions in T1, lap 2, I decided to take a drive thru. I then started on my trek back through the pack, and then, about lap 9, in turn 3, my car went in to a skid abruptly and I had to correct so fast and so hard that it took my steering wheel completely out of center calibration. I was able to continue but at first I thought I had massive front end damage then I realized it was the calibration and I drove with the steering at about 45deg to the left to correct. This made it very tricky and very hard on the arms for the rest of the race. I then had some incredible battles with various people. Went wide on turn 3 again on lap 18 putting me near that back, then when leaving the hair pin, for some reason i had no power and Ken passed me with no issue.(when looking at the replay, my brakes lights were on) I will really have to check over my old G27 and see if there are some issues with it. I then battled with Ken until the last lap when we touched sending me on the grass on the inside and sending ken wide. It was some incredible racing even though we were just fighting for mid field. I look forward to then next one. May have to look at a different steering wheel that is able to take abrupt inputs! Always looking for excuses...;):D

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Could have been me too but I had no intention to attack you into the hairpin, so I offset my car to the outside. That gave me more marging to time my braking. Ken on the otherhand, was direct behind on the inside and had not much margin. I was lucky to avoid any collision there and followed Kai, who later lost his car. From that on, I was more less on my own. Huge gap to the front three and huge gap to the cars behind. Still, it was difficult to avoid any mistakes.

My performance was not that great, but better than with the Mini. Which is a reason to look forward to the next one.

• Like Like x 1