rFactor 2 Round 1 Spa

Discussion in 'Formula BMW Euro-Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I wrote the following four years ago about the same track/mod combo
    and guess what, it still feels the same :mad::D Maybe this time I'll find out how to solve it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

We're not using the Bus Stop layout this time Philipp, so you should be OK :rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

i got disconnected

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Sorry to drop out but was fighting with FB coming and going all evening , and ev also gearing disaperd :mad::(

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I know that the last turn does not look like a Bus Stop anymore, but if I am not mistaken the last two turns are still called Bus Stop :D

Anyway, I struggled there a lot four years ago but less this time. Probably not a set up thing and more how you approach it. In the end I am not fully satisfied because I could not keep a with you and Kostas. On the other hand I got lucky because some others had bad luck and Kai did a very good job on keeping Phil busy. Otherwise it would be a different outcome. So congrats to the podium finishers and lets see what Monza has for us.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Black day for my teammates and me.

Björns wheel fuxxxd up and he had to retire.
    Michael and me did a good race without big mistakes but no pace.
    We are a bit desperate about the setup, think we must rethink everything.

Grats to the podium and thanks to Scott for the thrill, very good fight mate!
    CU at Monza

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

I can't explain it but I wish it would happen on more occasions, but it was like all the planets aligned in my favour tonight and once we started Qualifying the setup I had been practising with just came alive and with lower fuel I gained 2.5 secs. Maybe the feel of the car on lower fuel helped my confidence I don't know, but with race fuel the car felt great all the way through the race. I had no brake lock-ups, running wide moments, back end sliding on me etc, etc, all the usual rF2 problems.
    Despite Kostas running within 1 sec for most of the race, I was able to confidently drive the car without expecting it to bite me at any moment. If only it was like that for more races :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

In the practice session, I was not doing very well, but the first lap of qualifying was already victorious, to my surprise. The laps were not outstanding, with mistakes, and the times were pretty good. It had to be the alignment of the Ken planets. I took advantage of the good thing a bit. :)
    What happened to Phil?
    The race was under control, except for the first corner where the car didn't turn and I pushed Ken a bit off the track.:(
    Successful comeback after a six-month break from racing. Thanks for competing and see you in the next race.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3