Assetto Corsa Round 1 Spa

Discussion in 'ADAC Formula 4 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

It's possible that I won't make it to this race!
    But I hope I'm wrong!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Hope you manage to get there Kai :)

4. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Looks a good attendance for this. Probably isnt fair to jump in 5mins before qually to drive it completely fresh. Sadly the 7pm time just doesnt work for me normally

5. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

That was definitely one of my worst races. 1st lap in the end of the Kammel Straight was on me. Very sorry to all! Took a DT after that, but yeah... :( DonĀ“t even want to see the replay.
    Grats podium!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I almost slept through the race, literally. Twenty minutes before the start I woke up again but at the latest after this crazy first lap I was fully awake. Four wide on the Kemmel straight and then spinning cars everywhere. I was quite lucky to make it through Les Combes without any contact - propably a good thing that I was still a bit tired during the quali session.

Anyway my teammates and myself watched the replay, we agreed that it was not that bad as it looked. We all know that the car is edgy on the limit and mistakes can happen, unfortunately at the start when the field is bunched up together the consequences are more drastic than later in the race. We all have been there, although some drivers had very neat recovery. Kudos to Kai, I did not expect that the zero stop strategy could work. That will be interesting to watch for the next races. Congrats to the rest of the podium, too.

7. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

That was one of my most enjoyable races ever. Last finisher, but not last!
    1 x punt (apologies)
    1 x punted
    2 x self-spin
    Whomever overtook me like a whirlwind on Eau Rouge - kudos - that was a 'wow' out loud moment.
    I could have raced all night - much, much easier to drive than a Hillman Imp!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That was good fun. I possibly lucked out through not practicing (Or even sorting a setup :rolleyes:) prior to last nights race.
    As although I was buried in the pack this also ment that I missed getting involved in whatever Kiril's mistake happens to have been - and made a rapid jump from 8th to about 4th in the space of 5 corners :D

The start was certainly lively - not helped my my only realising once on the grid that my radar (white) was positioned perfectly over the front of my cockpit (also white - I'll have to find the relevant part of my skin and alter it).

Thanks to a few more spins and errors ahead it rapidly became just myself and Phil at the front.
    After a lap or 2 I started to get to grips with how best to drive these twitchy little sods and started pulling him in - helped by the fact we were on alternate gearing so I could get a massive run on him up the hill above Eau Rouge.

Coming out of the pits I was sure that Kai had performed the king of all undercuts when I exited nearly 5 seconds behind him and also found he was putting in solid 2:29's.
    My pace had dropped into the 30's by the time I pitted so I was convinced he must have also....
    My fresh tires and lower fuel gave me the confidence to really push, so with a bunch of 2:28's I was steadily making my way back to him.
    All set for a show down 1 or 2 laps from the end..
    Or so I thought - Kai then pitted with about 5 minutes remaining so had presumably been hoping to make the distance on one tank.

It may not have worked but I have to say that was stunning pace given the state your tires must have been in :eek:

I'm not sure on the finishing order at present so I'll just say congrats to all - I think I only saw one incident that wasn't solely due to how evil these can get on the limit :cool:
    Looking forward to Hockenheim

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ken Jagger

A great entry(18) and 100% turnout for the opening race of this series, so lets hope it continues. :)
    However I did see deliberate, multiple, repeat 4 wheels off course excursions for some drivers in Practice and Qualifying which if continued in future races will definitely be on the receiving end of a stiff penalty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

I enjoyed these cars, a long time since I've raced AC, and its much better than I remember. I ran vanilla but I understand there are some great mods available now that really enhance AC if anyone has any suggestions? :)
    Anyway, I finished right at the back due to a few issues trying to avoid spinners in the early laps, so not my best finish - I'm not the best judge of which way someone is going to go so I always end up in a head on :confused:
    Grats podium, see you next round.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1