Project Cars 2 Round 1 Sportsland Sugo

Discussion in 'KTM X-Bow R Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

I don't think I can race today.

3. Ken Jagger

Sorry you'll miss it Kai, you are one of our resident PC2 Aces :)

4. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Wow what could go wrong.. taken off track twice by same guy and then later he spins and rejoins right to the racing line in front of me.. But my horrible start had put me there in the danger zone. Then.. AI took over at my pit and it took me 2 more pits to get control back. Somehow I had driver change enabled? :rolleyes:
    I should have went surfing instead.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Mixed feelings after R1.
    Car and track were great and have been a good combo.
    @Ken: i let you pass in corner 2 because i thought Julian
    was side by side with me. My display was going crazy the
    whole race, Roman appeared and disappeared in the standings, very strange.
    Good fight with Ken for a long time, we had same pace and i was not able to
    start a serious attack.
    Grats to the podium and all survivors.
    Very sorry for the dropouts, esp. Helmut, who had a great pace this time-keep on going mate ,
    a podium for you in the next races is in sight.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ken Jagger

The foundation of my podium place after starting 6th was the great start I got, which gave me the chance to pass a couple of cars and then challenge Gerhard for 3rd place in the first 3 turns, ultimately coming out ahead. It wasn't easy to stay ahead and he kept me under constant pressure until he stopped a couple of laps ahead of me and then somehow was over 10 secs behind when I came back on track. I lost some time when lapping a couple of cars which seemed unnecessary, so I'm not sure if they were initially aware that they weren't racing for position (?). It all worked out OK eventually without having to force moves that may have been risky for both of us.

Sorry to see a couple of disconnx for whatever, unknown reason, but as you all know we do not restart races unless the majority of the grid is affected.
    Overall it was a good start to the new series I thought and I liked the combination of car & track which worked well together.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Ken Jagger

An error has occurred with the results processing which doesn't show the drivers/teams points allocation. We are looking into it and it will hopefully be fixed pretty quick.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Wow seems I was lucky, I didn't have any issues and it was a good car and track combo, Sorry to the guys who had issues as i know it is very frustrating and sorry to the ones that couldn't get back it, Helmut was a lot faster and I'm sure the podium could have been near.
    Bet that was hard work @Gerhard Hofmann with your display glitching, good result with the problems you had, makes the race hard work!:)
    Shame you had problems @Scott Ring awkward when you end up in trouble with someone and then have a load of issues to make it worse, awesome job hanging in there.
    I have to say I like the change, having to do a pitstop, adds a different dynamic to the race.
    @Roman Granatovich , once again you had more pace than me , good racing, I just kept losing a small amount every lap but that's always enough to make it hard to catch up. I just need to find just that little bit of consistency per lap.
    Congrats to Roman on the win and a great 3rd place to Ken, more points in the bag.
    Thanks to all and see you at the next one.:)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

Thanks . I have used this car before and therefore understand its inertia and features. I hope there will be more interesting struggle on the following tracks.

• Like Like x 2