rFactor 2 Round 1 Tiger Moth 2014 R3 - Sat Sep 14, 2024

Discussion in 'Ariel Atom V8 Best Fantasy Track Series' started by John vd Geest, Jul 28, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ariel Atom Banner 02.jpg
    REGISTER HERE

WELCOME TO ROUND 1 TIGER MOTH 2014 R3

- THIS RACE WILL BE 100% DRY

(I just found out that Tiger Moth actually is not a Fantasy Track, but who cares. It's still a great track that is rarely used, and the R3 layout does not exist in real life, so we'll keep it.)

This is the ISI track with some graphical updates. All buildings have reduced brightness, aircraft have also reduced brightness and the trees have been made a bit crisper.
    If you have the Steam Tiger Moth version, unsubscribe from that before installing this update.

EVENT DETAILS
    All Saturdays
    Qual 19:00 GMT 10 minutes
    Race 19:15 GMT 30 minutes
    Fuel x 2
    Tires x 1
    50% Damage
    Pole Position point = 1
    Fast lap point = 1

STANDING START
    1. The race starts with a standing start without a formation lap.
    2. At the green light, the race starts.

This is the R3 layout that we are racing

Last edited: Aug 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

I tried this bur could not find my way around the track so its possible i have pit every lap :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. John vd Geest

Follow the AI :)

5. Toni Talvitie

Never done race with AI

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. Tiger Moth Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel x 2 - Tires x 1.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 50% damage
    5) Qualifying is private
    6) This event has a standing start without a formation lap.

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Tiger Moth event page.

4. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

5. Please use the
    same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our SRO signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

6. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

7. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.
    If you can't find the server in the rFactor 2 server list, you can access this way:
    1. click on this link: https://simracepackages.lima-city.de/rF2server/
    2. scroll down to "SRO" (it's alphabetical)
    3. choose the correct server and Join with the password (see point 4 above)
    4. the server will start automatically and will take you to the event

[​IMG]

Last but not least ...
    SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

Are you allowed to use the 520 HP upload_2024-9-14_12-11-59.png

8. John vd Geest

Yes, you are allowed. It's part of the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

where is everyone?? Qually is just ending!

10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Grats to Toni. Good racing guys. Some drafting to a certain point. As long as there's no touching with these cars, you'll be ok. Once you're on par with someone, passing is a whole other story.

Yeah, more should join. You'll have fun.

Good times

• Like Like x 2
  11. Toni Talvitie

fun race, had to see where to avoid pitlane and do solid laps 1st and try to setup car but there wasnt much to do.
    Braking was the issue and lots of time spent there and i wasnt a boss, had to put little abs for the brakes.
    Really nice cars to drive and there is probably much to gain but like driving these, simple and effective and easy to make little mistakes here and there so it just gives more interesting race as cant really know when you lose it when go to the limit 30minutes.
    Allmost lost it couple times and most scary part was when my rear left dropped to grass at that double righthander.
    Wasnt easy, very happy of the fair competition.

• Like Like x 3
  12. John vd Geest

Yeah, I spun on the first lap in the last 5/6th gear righthander. And then a lap later I did it again. The back just floated away. I think the technical term is oversteer.

We should indeed have more signups for this series because the car is a lot of fun to drive, but also a bit of a handful.
    Maybe it would help if the top 3 would upload their Tiger Moth setups here to lower the bridge so to speak.

We also had a few no-shows. I will leave them on the signup list for now and see what happens for round 2.

13. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry i missed round 1 i had it in my head it was Sunday :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Didn't really mess with the car. Lowered the rear wing to 3, decreased the rear brake bias and one click down on the front anti roll bar. That's it. Get sideways and have fun with others.

Next round if I'm not lazy to race, I'll give whoever the setup. I don't mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Toni Talvitie

I put brakes more to rear aswell and added 50% ABS and reduced air intake in front brakes by click or 2.
    Every damper and rebound i put at 10 because why not, and also refuced front ARB to 10.
    Didnt touch wing.

My time went totally into trying to brake that thing.
    Will upload later but i think its mostly getting the car comfortable for you so can hit pedal to teh metal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toni Talvitie

setup
    it is just a base or how i start working for the setup. so basically its not a setup since didnt have time to do any.
    Basically if i doit like this, its soft and oversteery and good point, for me, to start working on it. I think it originates from earlier versions of rF2 so havent followed any updates or patches whatever made to game for years now.
    i like my cars to turn with brake, steering and gas so guess my driving is constant hassle battling the weighttransfer :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Julian Care

Julian Care Pro Driver

Sorry I didn't get home in time to race.
    I should be OK for the next round though.

• Like Like x 1