rFactor 2 Round 1 Townsville - Sat Sep 23, 2023

Discussion in 'USF2000 Awesome Club Track Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 28, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WELCOME TO ROUND 1 TOWNSVILLE

Reid Park Street Circuit, also known as the Townsville Street Circuit, is a semi-permanent street circuit located in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. Opened in 2009, the circuit hosts the Townsville 500 Supercars Championship event every year.

The circuit
    The Reid Park Street Circuit is reminiscent of the Albert Park Circuit's parkland setting. It winds its way through Reid Park where specially constructed roads form approximately 70 percent of the circuit. The circuit borders the Townsville State High School and Townsville Civic Theatre, crosses the Ross Creek multiple times and runs adjacent to Townsville railway station. The circuit's pit building, and much of the Reid Park infrastructure, is a permanent construction that can be used all year round for various events. The event also has five viewing mounds/grandstands that can seat approximately 12,000.

Paul Dumbrell suggested it is a high-grip circuit, while Mark Winterbottom stated that the circuit is like a standard racing circuit but in the middle of a city. Winterbottom described the first corner as almost a clone to the high-speed turn eight at the Adelaide Street Circuit, noting that it also produces a great passing opportunity exiting the corner.

Townsville 500 | Supercars 2023

2. John vd Geest

Server is up 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

Just a heads up to anyone doing some practice. The pit speed limit is 25MPH !!! You can very easily exceed this just pulling out of your pit stall.

4. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Oh yeah I meant ask admins.... can you override with rfm to about 60mph please?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. John vd Geest

I have to decline on that. We drive the track as it is.

6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

oh snap. going to be many drive thru's
    I couldn't understand why i was getting penalties untill I saw the 40kph in the corner of the screen

7. John vd Geest

Well, the value of the speed limit doesn't matter. You have to stay under it. Be it 100, 60 or 40 km/h. It's the same principle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Andy Tomlinson

Andy Tomlinson Pro Driver

yep, 40kph or 25mph, which ever one you use.

The car does not have a limiter so you have to hold the speed manually.

pit lane exit is the big white line on the exit opening.

Pit lane entry is a yellow line just before the left turn into the armco lane.

2 drive thru's, a stopngo_10 and a stopngo_30 before I found any of that out.

9. John vd Geest

But there is no mandatory pitstop in the race, so that shouldn't bother anyone, except with practice and qual.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Any one have any lap times so far?
    i know ill be at the back of the grid, hope to keep up with a group of lads for a fun race

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

1:13.9 best with qualifying fuel load. High 1:14's race pace. Tire deg could be an issue.

12. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

many thanks.
    yes, I was seeing tires can fall off, but also looked after.
    Gonna be a great series

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hmmmm, there was a league in these cars on Race Department many years ago.....I wasn't very good. haha.

I may give it another chance anyway and see how we go. Single seaters are not normally my thing but I have a lot more experience in setups on RF2 now so I may be better.

Interesting circuit choices.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted
    Broadcaster: Rob Milliken

2. Townsville Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) 100% damage
    5) This event has a Formation lap with a standing start

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

6. You can find the password for the race server on the Townsville event page.

7. You can find the server by first typing sro

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. Please use the
    same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

10. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing guys. Could feel Toni and the rest of the guys ready to pounce if I crapped up. Held my breath and hoped for a good result.

On another note. Did anyone have issues with stuttering when drivers leave the server? I've had issues in other races. This time I checked how much time was lost every time a person leaves the server. It's exactly one second per person leaving. So scary. Don't have replays on. Any other recommendations?

If you could John post a replay of the race. I'm trying to figure this stuttering out and maybe it's not even replays. Might turn them back on. Thank you bud.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Apologies at the start. Three wide and I caught wheels with the car on my right which pushed me left into another car.

Did ok, but not sure if I’ll continue, the car slides a lot and for me and it’s not too fun to drive. We’ll see.

congrats to the winners :)

17. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

I had the same, I was thinking at the time, maybe we should all stay on the server if we've crashed out or DNF.

Good race all, really enjoyed it, changed my race set at the last min, and forgot to knock the rad back from 100%. Engine died ten mins from the end.. grats podium and all the finished.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andy Tomlinson

Andy Tomlinson Pro Driver

Mine, damn it I've been out of F cars too long.

Sorry Paul, we were running great P2-4 and I go and make a Noob mistake and get fixated on your tail pipe and miss the 100 board into the first corner.

So out of practice I panicked and locked the front up. :(

19. Paul Burnett

Paul Burnett Pro Driver

Yeah, you caught me by surprise alright. Me, you and Toni were running great!

I pitted to get the repairs done, but they didn't get fixed. I don't think I had the pit request button mapped or something. I went to map a button in the menu, but then I was down as a DNF.

I don't play rFactor 2 much.

Oh well :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Thanks Guys for a great race.

Was alot of struggles for me.
    While trying to log in and practice Steam would kick me off and ask me to log in again.
    Not sure whats going on there.
    but it plagued me all the the way to pre race warmup.
    Thankfully no steam interruptions during race.

Started race at back.
    got clipped by a car trying to rejoin track and had to pit to repair damage.
    After that is was a lonely race just keeping it on the black stuff.
    finish P 10 from p17 start so all good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1