rFactor 2 Round 1 Val de Vienne

Discussion in 'rF2 Peugeot 207 S2000 Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

Server is having issues half the field got booted

3. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Well that sucks. My first sim race in any form since September, and I'm out through no fault of my own in the first ten minutes. The game just kicked me out and then when I tried to rejoin it said 'you do not own the relevant content'... Uh, yes I do! I was just using it!
    Thanks for the brief bit of fun, anyway. Hopefully I can continue on and have a bit more luck soon.
    Sorry if I forced you off the track @Kostas Kantzouras . There was a car on my inside, and then when you locked into my rear wheel I couldn't turn in any more.

4. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver

Disco for all I think o_O

5. Caitlin Penny

I think about 5/11 retired. As far as I know the race is still going.

6. Nick Westy

Rejoin server for 30 min race if you can

7. Caitlin Penny

In my opinion this race should be abandoned and rescheduled. It's not fair for half the grid to retire in one go.

8. Nick Westy

Ken is going to restart it

9. Caitlin Penny

Oh really? On my way!

10. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver

Ah ok, I had the same issue as you I guess, once it kicked me off, there was an update to install

11. Caitlin Penny

Can you ask him to wait for me? I disconnected my wheel and shut down my sim because I thought I was out.

12. Sami Vierimaa

Sami Vierimaa Pro Driver

Weird start indeed, the other cars appeared just seconds before green light and i picked up major aero damage without hitting anyone, at least to my knowledge o_O

13. Nick Westy

Rejoin now

14. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

what was bad about the first race and what to do about it -
    Rules and Regulations
    Under no circumstance will a race be restarted regardless of accidents or other driver issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Caitlin Penny

To be honest, I think it's absolutely right to make exceptions in times like this, and I want to thank @Ken Jagger for doing so! I understand your frustration @Roman Granatovich , but surely the racer in you understands that it's better to have a race with 11 people than a race with 6 people and 5 disgruntled spectators.

Congrats to @Nick Westy for that win! I knew the soft tyres were considerably quicker than the hards, but I didn't think anyone could make them last for 30 minutes! You proved me wrong.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

Apologies to everyone once again, but I have no idea what caused the disconnx for so many. Regarding Roman's quoting of SRO Rules, the rule is intended to relate to "accidents or other driver issues" specific to one or two at most guys who might have some problem like a cat jumping on their knee (yes it has happened!), or their FFB failing and then asking for the race to be restarted. The fairest thing to do tonight was I felt, to restart for a shorter race as we did.

17. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver

Good race all, nice to be back racing again, Congrats Nick, sneaky move there with the softs. I made a few to many mistakes, ended up having a good battle with @Christian Dauger. Good fun. Won't be able to make the remaining races though, back at work from tomorrow. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver

Im pretty sure it had something to do with an update? When I disconnected there was a pending update for the mod.

19. Ken Jagger

Not sure about that Robin. I didn't have any pending updates.

20. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Well the exception of race start was beeing bloked by someone who was not supposed ro be in that spot. And when finally got by, had to give it back as game thought my pass was unfair.
    Lost my interest of it at that point.

• Informative Informative x 1