Assetto Corsa Round 2 Enna-Pergusa Thursday 19th October

Discussion in 'European Touring Car Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Heck, first time at this track and its soooo funny! I mean, there is no way you can complete a lap without doing a drive through the pits LoL.

3. Ken Jagger

Why? Are you getting track limits penalties?

4. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Hello guys, unfortunately I won't be able to drive on Thursday for the next few weeks :( It's a real shame because the cars are very fun to drive. If I do find time, I will register again. I hope you have a fun series.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

Sorry to hear that Kiril. Hope to have you back with us soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The pit entry is so much "in your face" while testing the track for the first time :))

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Oh what a pitty Kiril, good drivers like you need to be in the grid.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

At work tonite, cant remember when last drove this track so its a shame missing this one.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I may or may not be able to race this evening. I've unregistered for now. If I'm not around have a great race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

A green car on pole at Enna-Pergusa? Well, I knew this was not the first time at SRO, five years ago I had the pleasure to do that but it was a Porsche instead of a BMW, respectively on AMS2 instead of AC. Still fun, I like to attack this high curbs where it is a fine margin between beeing fast or crashing. Although I think the AMS2 curbs were a bit better to deal with.
    Here my pole lap, not perfect I would say, but that second chicane was pretty good. Never got it that good again in the race.

Anyway, see you again at Enna-Pergusa in 2028 ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ken Jagger

I think it was actually AMS and not AMS2 Philipp :D

12. Ken Jagger

After looking at the replay and admitting my attempts at taking the 2nd chicane within track limits were probably only successful in 1/2 attempts out of 4, there was some pretty blatant cutting taking place there with no attempt at all in going through correctly. The line I saw being taken was as straight as possible, very tight up to the right hand tyres which was clearly all 4 wheels outside limits by a big margin. This line also avoided the higher kerbs which tended to launch the car into the air and maintained a higher speed for the following straight.

I won't comment further other than to say that will not be allowed in further races in this series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

You are right :confused: Might be AMS2 or even AMS3 in 2028.

• Funny Funny x 1