Project Cars 2 Round 2 Hockenheim Classic GP

Discussion in 'PC2 Vintage Formula 1 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Helmut Fischmeister

Helmut Fischmeister Pro Driver

Hallo Ken. Alexander Skuratov wants to join right now SRO and perhaps he can drive today. He is a very good and fast driver and very fair.
    Best regards Helmut

3. Ken Jagger

He has already registered as a member with SRO he should be able to register for the race. :)

4. Helmut Fischmeister

Helmut Fischmeister Pro Driver

Alex got this massage, i dont know.

[18:06]
    Alexander Skuratov:
    The link to your driver account is incorrect. Please inform the SRO administrator so that they can fix the problem.

5. Ken Jagger

I've requested it is looked at, but not sure if it will be in time. I'll post here if it.

6. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Good racing mates, grats to Julian and Björn, outstanding pace and consistency boys.
    For my race it would be fair to give me the Nobel Peace Prize. I wanted to finish the
    race under all circumstances, so i tried to act very solid, which made me dropping from 4 to 8.

Very nice to come back and climb up to P3, which was the maximum for me in this race.
    Looking forward to next round!!!

PS: what about the new driver Alexander? Can we contact him?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ken Jagger

I've sent a PM to Helmut as he seemed to be in contact with him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

I was expecting a race long duel with the guys around me on the grid, but it came to nought when after the tangle with Brian coming back into the stadium I had big damage and had to stop for over a minute for repairs. After that it was lonely run to the flag. I was expecting to see some team tactics at play, considering the nature of the track and the big difference in running alone or in the draft, but that didn't seem to happen either. Overall the car and track combo worked very well I thought and was a lot of fun to drive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to Julian and sorry :oops::(that I couldn´t be any opposition to you :rolleyes: .
    Awesome pace :eek: mate, also congrats to team mate for podium place :)
    A big thank you to admins for the fun :D

When on the grid I still hadn´t made my mind up about the start :confused: behind Julian try to draft
    or go for it , but something happen in me when the last red one go on. So off we went phu this time very close
    to a jump start:rolleyes::oops: so I had Julian behind me going down the straigth knew he will benefit from draft " even though
    he sure didn´t need one" so I go out to let him past he follows so I go in for the same reson and not to take away the draft
    he follows :eek: was close to end our race there for us . then we had a couple off laps with some sort off competition and then
    I was left in dust cough cough ;) after that mostly monitor the distans to 3 position.

See you

• Like Like x 3
  10. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Interesting race with the amount of time gained with the draft on these cars.
    Again Bjorn your starts are ace,
    I must admit seeing the amount of draft in this race down the straights it would be possible to follow someone round the circuit and just drive past them along the straights.
    Knowing this I found the key to sorting this out and it was in the gearing, 5th was way to long so I changed the ratio of 2nd and 5th and used the 5.8 final drive ratio.
    That worked and after a couple of sloppy laps at the start outbreaking myself two or three times:(, sorry Bjorn if I got in your way I did try to move over for you to pass, I managed to start to pull away, sure my lap time was more due to the gearing change.
    Thanks to all and hopefully see you for the next one and be good to see Alexander in the next one if he can make it.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

No mate you where not in my way , it was the little racing that was done in this race ;):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1