Assetto Corsa Round 2 Hockenheim

Discussion in 'ADAC Formula 4 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Paul Morris

Paul Morris Pro Driver

I'm trying to join the server, but I'm getting the 'Error: can't compare checksum' message. Can anybody help?
    I believe I have the correct files installed.

3. Ken Jagger

Have you been trying to connect with the user name of "moz F40GT" or something similar?

If so you do not have the correct track version we are using on the server. Uninstall and re-download, re-install from our race page link.

4. Paul Morris

Paul Morris Pro Driver

I've changed my in-game name now, but that was me trying to join the server.

I've uninstalled the files and re-installed them, but still I'm having no joy.

I'll try the Zandvoort lobby when it comes around in a couple of weeks.

5. Ken Jagger

Does your t78_hockenheimring folder in ..\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks contain all these files and match the file dates?

T78 Hockenheim install folder.jpg

The server is reporting a checksum error:
    time="2023-04-14T11:30:24Z" level=warning msg="Car: 3 failed checksum on file 'content/tracks/t78_hockenheimring/cones_gp.kn5'. Kicking from server."

6. Ken Jagger

I've made a temporary change to the server settings, please try and connect again and tell me if it works normally.

7. Paul Morris

Paul Morris Pro Driver

8. Ken Jagger

The different file dates suggest you still did not have the correct DL version of the track installed.

The DL link had two versions of the track file, one was an updated version. Did you click on the Download Now button of dL it from the update tab? Maybe you took the older one, both were listed as V1.2.

I disabled the checksum checking for the track to see if that worked for you. I'll leave it off for this race but will re-enable for the next and future races of the series.

9. Paul Morris

Paul Morris Pro Driver

Yes, I clicked the green download button and installed it using Content Manager.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

I'd like to get to the bottom of this, so can you send me a screenshot of the track folder like the one I posted above, so I can see the file details/dates etc?

11. Paul Morris

Paul Morris Pro Driver

SRO Download.png

12. Ken Jagger

Thanks for assisting Paul. Everything should be back on an even keel now. The server had some earlier versions of some files causing the mismatch.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

After the off-track excursions seen at Spa in the first round, this event will be closely reviewed for avoidable incidents e.g. at Turn 1 for example, but also at all other corners. All entrants should note that another member was disqualified this week for track infringements of this kind.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I'm not seeing anywhere where it states how long the races are? I seem to remember you are running quite long races.. I take it everyone pits?

15. Ken Jagger

Top right on the race page under EVENT DETAILS
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/2008

45 mins, no mandatory pit stop

16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I missed the bloody start :mad:
    Sorry all

17. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

...and it could have been such a beautiful race
    the number of spins is twice less than on the Spa track, but I stopped counting after the third one anyway
    maybe next time

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver

Messy race from me. Decided to change the wing down a notch before the race cos who needs downforce eh... and ended up with a number of spins at turn one early race. Apologies for anyone I got in the way of. Grats podium and finishers.

19. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I had great race for the first few laps, just having a fun clean duel with Phillip and then was hit in the hair pin, and then the guy spun right in front of me a couple corners later and I was unable to miss him. I found myself dueling with Ed near the end of the race and I am not sure if we touched or not in the hair pin. Did not look like it but Ed's car suddenly lost lateral traction in the corner. I looked at the replay and we did not physically touch; however, that could just be the lag captured. If we touched Ed I apologize.

I really look forward to the next one. See you all there, if not before...

• Like Like x 3
  20. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Car is still sketchy, so I decided against to pit just for fuel, would have been probably faster - if you avoid to spin. Tricky to find the right balance and keep it there. So it is no surprise that there was some kind of mess. No hard feelings from my side, most of the time just wrong time - wrong place. I hope the others feel the same. See you next time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1