rFactor 2 Round 2 Live Broadcast

Discussion in 'FIA WEC Championship 2024' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 5, 2024.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Oct 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Rob Milliken

Great race everyone! Spa is such a nice track to broadcast from :)
    I used a new incoder for this broadcast, the NVIDIA NVENC AV1.. This allows for better quality streaming in higher rez's!
    let me know what you think..;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Stream was awesome as always Rob. You sounded loud and clear to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

quality was fine rob, for some reason my skin was switched with something else but nevermind, thanks for the work you put in.

5. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

Sound and picture quality throughout were excellent. Captivating commentary and riveting racing. All good stuff Rob.
    I did a quick back-to-back comparison between Imola and Spa and my ancient eyes and ears do believe there is a noticeable improvement, particularly in picture quality.
    Regardless of any broadcasting improvements, the best part of the show for me, is I had a spin and you DIDN'T show it :D Worst part is the interviews at the end are cut :eek: I was hoping for another 'blooper' :(:p Will you be able to upload an extended version with the interviews included?
    And how the hell do you manage to sound like a twenty-something, when you're actually older than god? :) Once again, excellent work Rob. Looking forward to your Le Mans broadcast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Hi Rob,
    Consider changing your config.json on broadcast a little.

Code:
        "tower": {
          "multiClassRowCount": 7,
          "scrollingListConfig": {
            "topRowCount": 15,
            "scrollingRowCount": 5,
            "scrollingInterval": 10000
          }
        },
    "multiClassRowCount" could be a little higher than you have now with "topRowCount" being about 15 or so when you switch the class only view.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

That was the best part of the previous race. hilarious dialogue at the end and Toni sounds like Raikkonen, I cried!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I hit the back of a GT at the top of Eau Rouge during the final laps, Mark Hightree I think. I was flat out and he crossed over at the top. I had no where to go. Still I am sorry as I see he DNF'd.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Thanks! I was checking this out the night before & wondering what it would do.. so I will bump that up from default (5) .. I wish their was some better documentation other than what's available for the overlays .. I cant figure out the replay feature.. I have tried all the suggestions - hitting the R button to set the game into replay mode when a session starts, set your replay back time ectt.. nothing seems to work consistently .. Its such a cool feature I want it to work!! lol

10. Neil Wood

Might be a way to get your track map working with Tinypedal spectator mode. SVictor gives a run down on what you need to do to get it working! https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ve-fuel-calculator.71557/page-39#post-1146604

• Like Like x 1
  11. Simon Kingsbury

Simon Kingsbury Pro Driver

@Rob Milliken great livestream, I actually had some nice screen time, thank you;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Is there a place on the site where I can download the full race replay. I turn mine off so as not to cause problems? Thanks.
    I always enjoy your replays Rob, great work.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

14. Neil Wood

15. Rob Milliken