rFactor 2 Round 2 Montreal Gilles Villeneuve - Sun Jul 7, 2024

Discussion in 'MAK-CORP SWC GROUP C 1990s' started by John vd Geest, May 11, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

SRO Group C banner.jpg

WELCOME TO ROUND 2 MONTREAL GILLES VILLENEUVE
    Weather all dry
    In-game starttime: 02:00 PM
    Time-acceleration normal

- YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE SAME CAR THAT YOU SELECT FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

1990 WSPC Round 8 Montreal Highlights

The 1990 480 km of Montreal (promoted as the Player's Ltée Mondial Montréal) was the eighth round of the 1990 World Sportscar Championship season, taking place at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Canada. It took place on September 23, 1990.

The race was ended just after half distance due to a heavy accident. Jésus Pareja's Brun 962C collided with a manhole cover which had been pulled free by the ground effects of the car ahead of it, leading to a large fire. Concern over the manhole covers led to the organizers stopping the race a few laps later, with half points being awarded due to failing to complete 75% of the race distance.

This race also saw the competition debut of Peugeot, with their new 905.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
  2. John vd Geest

The 1988 version of this mod does not show the fuel per lap or the relative timing to your last lap. The 1986 Montreal works correctly.
    Be aware that the start/finish line is 1000 meters back on the straight before the pits.

Server is up 2.png

3. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Is there any downside to using the 1986 version compared to the 1988 version?

4. John vd Geest

No, the only difference is the position of the start/finish line. The track itself and the pits area/location are the same.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

825 x 175_White BG.png

This is the third time that Aptora Corporation have sponsored a race series hosted by SRO. If you would like to show Aptora a little appreciation for their continued support, you could do so by displaying one of their logos on your car for the remainder of the Group C series.
    Attached are a couple of logos that Aptora have provided to SRO. If you are able to, then please go ahead and put one (or more) of them onto your car.
    You can still show appreciation, even if you are not able to put a logo onto the car yourself. Tell me which car and car number you are driving and I will place a logo onto the car for you.
    This is not a requirement from admin., you can continue to race regardless, but if you would like to 'thank' Aptora for supporting the world's best online sim-racing service, this might be a nice way to do so.​

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Will this race be fully dry?

7. John vd Geest

Yes, all dry and starttime 02:00 PM in-game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thank you Gilles for the work you do at SRO! I hope members don't forget that all this awesome fun we have is Not Free for everyone ;) We will always try and provide free competition and we are grateful for the donations we get from our members. Thank you.

• Like Like x 5
  9. John vd Geest

"RACE" Weather settings for Sunday

Weather Montreal.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. John vd Geest

11. Matteo Dentella

Matteo Dentella Pro Driver

Pit limiter doesn't work in Montreal and there are no penalty for high speed in the pits, will it be the same for the race?

12. John vd Geest

On all tracks from the F1 1988/1986 mod the pit speed limit is 200 miles/h.
    Yes, that will be the same in the race.

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasteded
    Broadcaster: Rob Milliken
    [​IMG]

2. Montreal Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration = normal. Fuel = normal / Tires = normal
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 100% damage
    5) This event has a standing start with a formation lap. Formation lap speed = ca. 120 km/h. The race starts when the pole-sitter crosses the start line.
    6) This race has variable weather, see post #9.
    7) Qualification is set to "private". That means that you will be alone on track so you can put in your best time without traffic (point 3 qual rule still applies).
    8) YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    - You run out of fuel in the pit lane before reaching your pit stall.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

4. You can find the password for the race server on the Montreal event page.

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. Please use the
    SAME NAME in the rFactor 2 game as on our SRO signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

You can change your name in the rFactor 2 "Profile" menu.

7. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

8. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.
    If you can't find the server in the rFactor 2 server list, you can access this way:
    1. click on this link: https://simracepackages.lima-city.de/rF2server/
    2. scroll down to "SRO" (it's alphabetical)
    3. choose the correct server and Join with the password (see point 4 above)
    4. the server will start automatically and will take you to the event

[​IMG]

Last but not least ...
    SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!
    And always remember that your fellow SRO members have also put in a lot of time practising for this race,
    so please be careful and respectful with your buddies. :)

If you have questions, please ask them below.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matteo Dentella

Standing Start? not rolling?

15. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

Should be rolling according to the Event Details page>
    Start Type: Rolling
    Weather: Variable
    Damage: 100%
    Cautions: None
    Driving Aids: Auto clutch
    Race Points: 20-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-2-1
    Pole Points: 0
    Fast Lap Points: 0

16. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

yet again, got kicked out of server during the 35 second count down. then when re-joined got a message saying 'you were returned to the monitor because you dont own the relevant content'

17. Matteo Dentella

@Mark Hightree sorry Mark, I thought to be ahead of you so I moved to the left, and I miscalculated the lenght of these cars

Last edited: Jul 7, 2024
  18. Matteo Dentella

@John vd Geest I saw the replay and it seems to me I went straight on the straight line, and you moved a little to the right imho, it wasn't the right night for me, I preferred to retire before causing any further accidents

19. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Maddie for the win. Nick for podium. Good racing all. I had my own race. The way I like it sometimes. I didn't mess with anyone. Didn't want to mess with anyone. I had enough trouble with the track alone.

Of course we wouldn't have a second race if it wasn't for Rob broadcasting the show for us. Thanks Rob!

Cheers peeps.

• Like Like x 5
  20. John vd Geest

I also checked it and I'm keeping the wheel straight. We can't undo what's happened so let's forget about it. Racing incident.

• Like Like x 1