rFactor 2 Round 2 Mount Panorama (Bathurst)

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo 155Ti World Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 15, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Matej Dakskobler

Matej Dakskobler Pro Driver

Can't do it tonight.. It is a great track even for practising, so it should be a great race!
    Have fun!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Good race, got stuck at 3rd which was kind of good at start, since figured it will save my tyre and can go without pitting. Well so did everyone else.
    Had really nothing on @Neil Wood on straights. Maybe soft car took down the speed, maybe ratios little off who knows. I do know i hit the limiter on back straight but dont know if ive done maneuver since very risky and might spoil it for both. And on Mountain there is no where to go lol.
    Waited for error whole race which never came, great job buddy.
    P1 has some secret sauce for tyres now, i was out of right front in 35 minutes. Super job by winner.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  4. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

Initially, I misunderstood this car, I thought that 1.3 was the engine size and that it was some kind of strange racing car with a small engine, so I tried to give the accelerator as early as possible and release less in turns, so in the spa the tires overheated in a couple of laps and speed disappeared. But then I realized that this was just a model number, and the car was a DTM variant with a quite powerful 2.5 engine, and I changed the style, paying special attention to not overheating the tires. I don’t know if it worked the same way in the spa, there are more medium-speed and long turns there, but it worked here. It's a pity that Matej couldn't be, he knows how to save tires at a fast pace. I hope the next race will be more intense!

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

The data is interesting, looking at Spa I was the had the "best" deg, but not today. Still, I might have saved them too much, because I pushed a bit in the last two laps - I easily drove my personal best laps. Tonis approach to save less seemed to be faster, because the tyres did not fall off a cliff - allegedly. On the other hand, pushing more comes with other risks. Congrats to the podium finisher.

Road america will be interesting, also a better place for more risks, maybe I can close the gap to the cars in front a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Stream VOD

I was surprised to get 3rd on the grid, put in the lap of my life on low fuel!

Got a pretty good start and was able to hold my line into turn 1. Managed to get a better exit than @Toni Talvitie it seemed and it was a drag race of 3 cars to T1. It looks like Toni had to defend from @Kostas Kantzouras which worked to my advantage. This would begin 45 mins of concentration!

I knew I had to keep the tyres alive, I knew Toni was fast but it would be hard to pass here but I had track position and I was going to try and keep it with running my own pace and not clattering the walls. In the back of mind was the V8 race here where I hit a wall and had to race with damage for most of the race. I didn't want that especially in this car. That front splitter is easy to detatch!

Lap after lap I looked in my mirrors and checked the gaps, making sure I kept wheel locking and wheelspin to a minimum and still somehow doing 2:02s. I was slower and cautious through the mountain section because that is where my mistake could come from and I'd be a sitting duck onto the straight.

Staying off the kerbs because this car seems to hate them! I may have tapped the wall a couple of times but I breathed a sigh of relief that nothing was bent. A few times Toni got close on the exit onto the straight because as the race went it got scary. I had a couple of times where the car wanted to turn right instead of left.

I there were many occasions where I had to keep eyes front and rely on the spotter and relative gap to see if Toni would get a run. There just wasn't enough time to glance in the center mirror which in this mirror is out of my periphery, I actually have to take my eyes off the road and look up and to the right.

If Toni had got passed I don't think I would have had anything for him, he would have been away. Was a little hairy coming up on a lapped car and trying to figure out where I would catch them, thankfully it was on a straight part of the track.

I bet by the end Toni was pretty sick of my rear end (SORRY!). Awesome team result with @Ben Summers getting a good 5th place. Road America won't be as easy to keep faster cars behind, not with all the straights. This car should be pretty rapid there!!

See you next round!!

• Like Like x 3