rFactor 2 Round 2 Okayama

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Japan Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Ken Jagger

NOTE This race is for 90 mins rather than the usual 60 mins

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

I joined the server and posted a lap.

See attached:

Was the server set-up with the cars from the SRO LMP3 Cup ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  4. Ken Jagger

Indeed it was setup wrong Karl :oops: and thanks for seeing that. I'm still in holiday mode having only returned on Friday and was setting up several servers yesterday, mixing that one up in the process. At least that's my excuse....this time anyway :rolleyes:

All is now fixed.

5. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

I fully understand. I had been waiting to get a run on the track and was first to see the server up. Appreciate all you guys do running these events for us. Thanks, enjoy the holiday! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

I'd like the server replay when it's available please... thanks :)

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q i went wide on last corner and lap was cancelled and the next one so that was that and Tim took it.

R 1st stint hard tyres and full tank. I calculated during the race that can actually make it but then Johnny came into mirrors fast and was on godmode specially on slow corners while i was slipping here and there. He then put his front inside on final corners and there was no chance to do anything. Then he pulled gap and suddenly he pitted. I knew then that oh oh that nerd been calculating tyre wear and fuel and pit times!
    And while wondering stay out or pit on next lap, went to get some out of track experiences and pitted in for meds and 40minutes to go. It was game over at that point was was fun driving as fast as could for the rest of the race trying to bring 20 second cap down.

Good race everyone, tough event in this heat.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

9. Neil Wood

10. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

Very poor decision to no-stop this one. It was possible, just, had to stop by the finish line and wait for Johnny to end the race, fortunately he'd already lapped 4th so kept the podium.

Hadn't checked the pit stop times for these cars so hadn't realised how quick they actually are. Lifting and coasting only 1s off the pace and Johnny didn't even lose track position. Toni did but not by much so not much point fighting and slowing a car on fresh tyres.

Flip side, I love a good maximum attack push lap on new soft tyres so for 1m20s was on top of the world. ;).

Congratulations everyone, good race.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

Knew this would be the longest race I'd done in a while! Was not looking forward to peeling the VR headset off afterwards. Made an OK start, it was hard to judge when the cars ahead were going to go but was unscathed. Capitalised on some spinners and tried to stay close to @Ken Jagger. I had locked myself into a pitting strategy and much preferred racing rather than saving fuel or tyres. I pushed way too hard and spun it around undoing all my hard work. Back to chasing Ken again... it wasn't long before I span it around AGAIN but this time I forgot to hold the clutch and stalled it. I fumbled around blind for my starter button on my wheel base but accidently hit the "kill FFB" button. The engine got started but now I had NO FFB!! I had to learn how to drive all over again with still an hour of the race still to go!!

I tried my best to stick with it but I was fighting a losing battle, my arms were killing me from tensing up to keep the car from wandering now the wheel was loose!

Another race in these cars to forget!! I felt I could push a little more, but pity I couldn't feel it at all!

I know this probably doesn't apply to most of you because you are on flat screens. Do these cockpits feel claustrophobic to you? In VR the right mirror is useless and tiny monitor (mirror) on the right is so small and so far off to the left of the cockpit!

Off to Thailand!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ken Jagger

They're not the best for sure and I know some of us used either the headtilt plugin to adjust the cockpit view or used the bonnet view as an alternative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Neil Wood

I know I couldn't use one of the cars in this mod as the door pillar was blocking my view.

• Informative Informative x 1