rFactor 2 Round 2 Oulton Park 60s - Sun Apr 21, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

GT revival 60s banner.jpg

YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

* WELCOME TO ROUND 2 OULTON PARK 60s *

1968 British Saloon Car Championship (Oulton Park at 23:39 min/sec)

Oulton Park
    is a hard surfaced track used for motor racing, close to the village of Little Budworth, Cheshire, England. It is about 5-mile (8.0 km) from Winsford, 13-mile (21 km) from Chester city centre, 8-mile (13 km) from Northwich and 17-mile (27 km) from Warrington, with a nearby rail connection along the Mid-Cheshire Line. It occupies much of the area which was previously known as the Oulton Estate. The racing circuit is owned and operated by Jonathan Palmer's MotorSport Vision organisation.

Circuit
    The track is characterised by rapidly changing gradients, blind crests and several tight corners. The full circuit is 2.692 mi (4.332 km). The highest part of the course is Hill Top. Paddock facilities are reasonable in size with large areas of hard-standing and some power points.

The race track can be adapted for shorter courses. The "Foster's" Circuit, which is 1.660 mi (2.672 km), comprises half of the "Cascades" corner followed by the "Hislop's" chicane, it then heads onto Knickerbrook and up the 13% gradient of Clay Hill to work its way round to the start/finish straight. The British Touring Car Championships uses all of the Cascades Corner and Lakeside but then forks off into a hairpin before Island Bend. This hairpin cuts out all of the Island section of the circuit and takes the cars straight back over Hill Top.

Beginning in 2007, all the circuit's marshalling stations were redesigned with protective cages. This was to prevent incidents similar to those seen in the 2006 season when cars had collided with marshalling posts. A cage-protected marshals station was also built at the bottom of the back straight near the chicane preceding Knickerbrook.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  2. John vd Geest

1963 car racing- circuit and see. A BRSCC Roscoe Films original.
    First event is Oulton Park

3. John vd Geest

4. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Just take away pit speed limit ;)

5. John vd Geest

Hadn't occurred to me. :)
    I'll look into that.

6. Neil Wood

Once you have your custom rfm file you can just apply it everytime you make your rfmod. It has pit speed overrides which you could use for certain series to keep them all the same.

Give me a shout and I can help if you are unsure.

7. Riccardo Gengotti

Riccardo Gengotti Pro Driver

very difficult to drive here, you break your wrists, you fly over the jumps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matias Estrela

Matias Estrela Pro Driver

I have a question. This is not criticism, just curiosity. I noticed that neither the F1 39 championship nor the GT Revival league uses variable track conditions. It seems that Real Road is always set to static and with a minimum of rubber on the track. Why?
    For me, Real Road is one of the best features of rFactor 2..

9. John vd Geest

Hi Matias,
    I always use the the pre-made real road of the track (light, medium etc.) and if that's not there I use "naturally progressing" for practice. As I understand it, it builds during the race itself. If I'm missing something or could do something better, please let me know. :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  10. Matias Estrela

Matias Estrela Pro Driver

Thx for your answer.
    I don't know what other drivers think about it, but I would be grateful if all sessions of the race weekend were set to naturally progressing. This would allow the rubber to slowly accumulate on the track, making the races more interesting.

11. John vd Geest

I agree. Will re-set the server tonight. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Custom skins

It's great that we have a lot of artists who colour the field with their custom skins.
    But not all skins are done correctly. Some skins create gmotor errors that can cause a lot of lag on the server for everybody.

Be sure that you enter the server with a "clean" skin. If you have a skin that is causing problems, please leave the server and come back with a default skin.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

PITLANE SPEED LIMIT

The pitlane speed limit has been adjusted to 400 KPH.

This is because the pit entry light is not at the correct place as opposed to where the actual pitlane entry limit line is.
    The pit exit works correctly, but that doesn't matter now with the new pitlane speed limit :)

Just be careful that you don't overshoot your pit box in the race!

14. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

John I'm playing the Devil's Advocate here, how does somebody know if they don't have a "clean" skin or that it is their skin that is actually causing the problem? What is the "correct" way to do a skin which will not cause problems? Should we set out a standard skin creation process for skins to be used at SRO and have members validate & confirm they have used that methodology or is that too extreme?

15. Neil Wood

I don't think we technically know until they cause problems. I created the skins the right way for the V8 series but they always seemed to cause people not to be able to enter a server or crash on entry.

It might be worth having a periodic clear out of the userdata/player/settings folder which should have the player skins in? Just to see if that helps at all. I managed to use ALT skins with no problems with another series I have joined, so I don't exactly know what could cause an error. Other people use the "new driver" method of making a skin without problem either.

Could be DDS format? Could be if they aren't packed into a mas file? Naming error (I think max is 13 characters no spaces)? It's hard to tell.

16. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

It's not a mas file package issue. It could be a dds thing or what it probably is is that people are leaving the wrong format of files in the folder after failing to understand what needs to happen. Then rf2 tries to find someplace to put the wrong format files and fails then tries again.
    I could be wrong but it seems to be that way.

17. Neil Wood

At minimum all skins should probably have the main skin, and a region file. Driver and other things are optional.

18. John vd Geest

19. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Doesn't seem to be working?! No update