rFactor 2 Round 2 Rouen 74/94

Discussion in 'Alfa Romeo World Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ken Jagger

AAaaaarrggghhhh!!:mad:
    Got a great start and slipped ahead of Tim but then going down the hill to T2 the car hit redline@ 210kph :confused:o_O Trying to figure it out and avoid guys behind I ended up turned around into the chicane. After checking I had loaded the wrong car race setup:oops::oops::mad: I always use a name ending in either ...Qual or ...Race for my setups and had stupidly selected a setup for an F3 car, the Eve I think, which had been used at this track before. First time I've ever done that, but as my Teacher would say "Pay attention, pay attention, pay.....".

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q was nice, added 1 click front arb to give stability. car seems to lose time immediately after too much weight transfer, even slightly.
    R good getaway, i knew from last start that @Ken Jagger is gonna launch it so got that barely covered.
    Then just find the rhytm and do the laps. Apparently im in 30min condition since that was the timemark my mind started to wonder off. Then quick pits and i gained lots there, really happy about that.
    Then @Tim Cartwright made the fastest lap so figured its a must to beat so had a really big one. Front got some serious damage. Car didnt settle into straight line nor apexes. It allways wondered off to the left or right and had really tough time to finish the race.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

Bad luck Ken. I did wonder why you suddenly went backwards after another great start.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

What a disaster that was, firstly apologies again for speaking in qualifying I didn't realize it had gone into the session, hopefully I didn't ruin anyone's lap. I cant seem work out the start with these cars, just get bogged down on the initial take off, settled into the race better than I thought I would, got up to 3rd then proceeded to crash on my own, pitted for tyres and damage, got a 10 sec penalty for speeding in the pits, came back round to serve that, and then crashed coming back out the pits :oops: managed to limp back round to the pits yet again but wasn't able to get the tyres changed, race done, grats to all that finished :)

Going to unregister for this one, just a tad to early for me as my little ones are still awake. Have fun guys. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

damn shame. "pay attention or pay the piper."
    also, make sure you're only looking at the setups for the "current car".

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Started 6th, got up to 5th.... got turned around at the hairpin early in the race. Pitted with about 15-20 mins to go, fought my way back to 4th.... beaten to the line on pit strategy. Needed 1 more lap (and me not screwing up corners!).

Stream VOD

External sounds are SO LOUD in this mod!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

See what I mean about the bright green grass?

9. Ken Jagger

Sorry it's not complimentary for you Robin, but understand fully.

10. Ken Jagger

About what I saw but not "glow in the night" bright :D

11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Yes but i thought you had it glowing in the nite :D

12. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Toni, Grats on the win :) You didn't daydream this time? :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1