rFactor 2 Round 2 Rouen les Essarts 1955 - Sat Feb 24, 2024

Discussion in 'F1 1939 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 6, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

F1 1939 banner 01.jpg

Welcome to Round 2 Rouen les Essarts 1955

DRIVING TIPS:
    - Keep a close eye on your tire temps, especially the rear tires. If you slide or make them spin too much, they will overhead = no grip = bad braking = snap oversteer.
    - Use the clutch on gear up-shifts.
    - For downshifts, let the revs drop down far enough to downshift safely, or the engine will blow over time.
    - "Blip" the throttle on the downshifts.

Rouen les Essarts history
    Rouen-Les-Essarts
    was a 5.543 km (3.444 mi) motor racing circuit in Orival, near Rouen, France.

From its opening in 1950, Rouen-Les-Essarts was recognized as one of Europe's finest circuits, with modern pits, a wide track, and spectator grandstands. The street circuit (which ran on public roads) had a few medium straights, a cobbled hairpin turn (Nouveau Monde) at the southernmost tip, and a few blind corners through a wooded hillside The appeal was greatly enhanced by the climb from Nouveau Monde at 56 m (184 ft) to Gresil at 149 m (489 ft), with gradients over 9%.

Rouen hosted five Formula One French Grand Prix races, the last one in 1968 resulting in the tragic burning death of Jo Schlesser, at the fast downhill Six Frères curve. The circuit continued to host major Formula 2 events until 1978, after which it was used for various French Championships.

The circuit had a number of different configurations. From its construction in 1950 until 1954 it was 5.100 km (3.169 mi) in length. In 1955 major works increased the circuit's length to 6.542 km (4.065 mi), its most famous configuration. Construction of a new Autoroute across the circuit saw a new section of track built and the length of the circuit reduced to 5.543 km (3.444 mi). Finally, in 1974 a permanent chicane was built at Six Frères and this part of the circuit was renamed Des Roches.

The circuit was closed down in 1994 due to economic and safety reasons, since it is very hard to organize a race on public roads if modern safety standards are to be met. In 1999, following the circuit's closure all evidence of area's racing past was demolished, including grandstands, pits, Armco and track signs. The cobbled Nouveau Monde hairpin was also asphalted but it is still possible to drive around on the original circuit configuration.

The name "Les Essarts" comes from a village, which was included into the commune of Grand-Couronne in 1874.

Formula1 1962 - France Race Review Rouen *Castrolfilm* Part1

Formula1 1962 - France Race Review Rouen *Castrolfilm* Part 2

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  2. John vd Geest

3. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out of this one due to an event I'll be going to irl. That's ok though, since I didn't really expect to do the full season. I should be back for round three, anyway!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

tried these 1st time today. holy shit :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

I will try to participate!;)
    But why are the colors of the Track on the Server greenish?!
    Offline, the colors are normal! It was the same for Reims

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

7. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I don't have the track installed as I'm not running this series, but in the link to Steam others say it is OK offline, so it appears to be an online issue only. We have seen that problem with other tracks being VERY bright in online only, so that may be the same issue. The modders need to fix it.

9. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Since I won't be able to do the V8's on Sunday, I tried out these V12's today. Oh my... I'm in!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. John vd Geest

We need more heroes like you :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  11. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. Rouen Les Esserts Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 50% damage
    5) This event has a standing start without a formation lap.

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. You can find the password for the race server on the Rouen event page.

4. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

5. Please use the
    same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our SRO signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

6. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

7. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.
    If you can't find the server in the rFactor 2 server list, you can access this way:
    1. click on this link: https://simracepackages.lima-city.de/rF2server/
    2. scroll down to "SRO" (it's alphabetical)
    3. choose the correct server and Join with the password (see point 4 above)
    4. the server will start automatically and will take you to the event

[​IMG]

Last but not least ...
    SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

12. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

sadly i wont make tonight festival
    sorry

13. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Warning for everyone tonight... watch out for that drain cover on the back straight.

14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Im out, morning shift extended by 8 or so hours and ending just before midnight :(

15. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Sorry, going out tonight.

16. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, but I won't be able to make tonight's race either :(

17. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Good race all, Congrats @Kiril Kirilov and to the podium, Would say it was fun, but it was more like 45mins of intense concentration, apologies to anyone if you got caught up in 1 of my detours off the track. On to the next :cool:

18. John vd Geest

Dito.

I actually lost my concentration and took a corner a gear too high because I was out in space somewhere. Spend 217 seconds in the pits as a learning moment.

19. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Got a drive through because the game decided that it was going to keep my car still even though the clutch was in. Made a few mistakes because the rear was uncontrollable the entire race and gambled on the pitstop but it took too long. Just felt like a massive waste of time tbh. Congrats on the win @Kiril Kirilov. What sort of setup were you running? :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Great combo. Thanks @John vd Geest for this.
    I also lost my concentration once (the big one). To my luck was in "right" place, that 90 degrees corner after long straight, no damage just 4 places :) so I was able to continue.

• Like Like x 1