rFactor 2 Round 2 Watkins Glen

Discussion in 'CART 1990 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

@Ken Jagger - Hi Ken. This series looks pretty cool, and I'd like to join it. Even if I missed first round :| Nevertheless I have few questions... In the race agenda, there is Qualy and race time like this:
    Race Time GMT 20:15
    Qualify GMT 19:00
    Does it means Qually starts one hour before the race, or is it just a typo? If the schedule is correct, then how long qualy takes? I have quite tight personal schedule on Sunday evenings, and most likely I wont be able to be on time on qualy at 19:00. Also there is no mention about pitstops, so I assume there is no mandatory stop, right? thanks!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The Qualifying time stated was an error and all race Qualifying starts at 20:00 GMT. All the remaining race details have been amended to reflect this.
    Correct. Unless it is stated in the event notes or Forum posts, there is no mandatory pit stop required. This applies to all events at SRO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I would like to change cars. The Rick Meyers car seems to only have 5 gears on track and 6 in the replay. I took another car that had 6 gears and I was instantly 4 to 5 seconds faster?
    I am planning on driving the #50 of Mike Groff at EuroMotorSport.
    I am hoping this particular Mike will be faster than me
    Thanks. Mike

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q wasnt up with the hotshots
    R i was very very racy after the initial rubber wore off. And then another rf2 crash, 10 minutes to go, 10 seconds to leader, cutting 1 second off the time per minute. Would have like to see if catch no catch and tbh probably would not have tried to pass.
    But these crashes...dont know why even bother.
    @Michał Mazurek chase chase chase! and what a pit you did !!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

What Happened Toni? After our tangle at the beginning I thought you were on track to catch Michal. I stopped watching for a couple minutes and you are out.:(

7. Toni Talvitie

game froze...

8. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

I have had a minute to look at the replay and what I thought was you braking early was me braking a fraction of a second late. So sorry for ruining what could have been a win for you.

9. Toni Talvitie

T1? i was little early there too

10. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

yes T1. Then a few laps later my engine blew. That was a first for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Apologies to Marius for ruining your race after running into Michal.

12. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Another DNF for me. Good race though guys, the start was a definite improvement from last time, I'd just got settled into the race and lost concentration as I came round the second to last corner, yellow flag was out and I clipped the grass and it took me into the back of a stationary car. Race over! Still enjoyable though, grats to the podium.

13. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

The racing weekend was going to be interesting. Solid preparation gave me a lot of confidence, and the qualifications confirmed it.
    However, from the first to the last lap of the race I had technical problems, probably caused by a graphics card failure. The good pace presented in training was forgotten. The constant cropping of the image slowed down my pace significantly.
    However, the problems of others allowed me to win in the end.
    I did the pit stop correctly, and you also behaved like a pro. I don't understand the comment.
    Regards

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Toni Talvitie

I just lost so much time on pits.

15. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Probably time lost to repairing damage Toni. If your car is handling ok you can cancel damage repair. Check which key/button you have set to do that in your controller settings. Hit that key as soon as the damage repair time starts(fuel fill ends) and it will cancel it allowing you to leave.