Assetto Corsa Round 3 Barcelona City Streets

Discussion in 'Hillman Imp Classic Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Password not accepted?
    Help please.

3. Ken Jagger

4. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Thank you. Just saw that.
    Now I have 'problem checksum' or similar.

5. Ken Jagger

6. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

One question @Ken Jagger
    I thought the "cut detection" it is turned off in AC. Am I wrong here?

7. Ken Jagger

Yes it is but the reporting of cuts in practice & qualifying sessions depends on how some tracks are coded.

Info from our server providers:

"Some tracks in AC don't report cuts to the server properly in race sessions."
    "If BLACK_FLAG_TIME in the surfaces.ini file is set to 0 then invalid track surfaces won't register cuts in race sessions, but will in practice/qualifying"
    "Some tracks are missing certain surfaces from surfaces.ini that should be there. I have no idea why these surfaces register cuts in practice/qualifying by default, but for races they need adding!"

As we don't use the in-sim management of cuts in AC due to its lack of realism in issuing penalties, we do not modify the default files for any track that we use.

Hope that provides some enlightenment Flaviu :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

After Tuesday's rF2 race and tonight's AC race, to avoid any confusion for future I'm going to have custom skins painted for all my cars, including this clear information. :D:rolleyes:
    KJ Bullseye.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I am not sure if he meant that. In practice I noticed that cut detection was on in all sessions and will issued with penalties. In addition the curb after the last turn was sort of a trap. If you cut the track there and get a penatty, you have to jam the brakes because crossing the finish line without serving the penalty results in a DSQ :confused:

I had a deja-vu today, after another bad start I found myself behind you and at some point direct in front of Csaba. Then I had nearly a perfect turn one and carried a lot of speed through, while at the exit a white car suddenly moved in front of me. Whew! To close for comfort but we kept it all together. At least for that moment, my race after that was really scrappy, spun two times and had lost most of my confidence. Also sorry to Flaviu and Paul, as two cars into that tight left hander does not work, I should have probably yielded because I was on the outside. But as you both got your position back, so I hope it is ok.

Anyway, as all hope seemed lost I slowly got my confidence back and had the flow for a moment, until I nearly threw it away in the last lap :rolleyes: Fortunately I caught it and this was enough for P4, which is good considering the circumstances. Congrats to the podium and especially Kiril, outstanding performance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  10. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Apologies Ken
    Not a great start crashing with the Boss.

Thanks for your help with the Helicorsa app.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

It was a surprise DSQ!:mad:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Philipp Pichler

Oh dear, I was wondering what happened to you. Bad luck :oops:

13. Ken Jagger

Check the replay to see what actually happened to me Philipp. :)

Regarding the specific situation you've referred to, different corner entries will have different corner exits i.e. tight in=wide out, wide in=tight out. That was not a sudden move in front of you Philipp.

14. Ken Jagger

There should be no penalties during the race. Practice and Qualifying are different as explained, due to the track mod.

15. Flaviu Bozga

Hm. Thank you for your response.
    Something went wrong then. In yesterday race I get two times penalties of "Slow down for 5 seconds". And one, as I remember, was after I hit a side wall

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Philipp Pichler

I have no replay to check but as I saw the result I can imagine what happened.

Anyway the Description of the Scene from my perspective was no accusation. Just an example how Easy you End up beeing a Target for Others ;)

I believe You but Kay, Flaviu And myself experienced Penalties during the Race. We don’t Make that up.

17. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

How do we know what pit lane speed is, please?

18. Flaviu Bozga

Maybe it is related to Content Manager? (just trying to explain) I have this tool installed. I don't know the others

19. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Don't need to worry, AC will slow your car down automatically

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ken Jagger

Not a lot I can do when a car ahead of me locks up and spins across directly into me at high speed as I am passing. The same on Tuesday when Bjorn got sided-swiped and pushed off track by another driver, then out of control he couldn't avoid coming back on track at high speed directly into me again as I was passing. Wrong time, wrong place for me on both occasions, so not something to do with my positioning in either case. :)

My post was meant as somewhat tongue-in-cheek, hence the :D:rolleyes: emoji's I used. I don't blame Bjorn or Simon in any way, it's just a little frustrating when it happens twice in 4 days :eek:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1