rFactor 2 Round 3 Chang Buriram

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Japan Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

:)

3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Toni. Gone with the wind. League of his own. Didn't know they aloud nitrous on those cars.

Good racing all. Little bit of bumper cars at the beginning but fun none the less, had fun like always.

Cheers,

Johnny

• Like Like x 5
  4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Thank you Johnny.. everything was just perfect today, tyre wear, pace, consistency, traffic amazing ( thank you everyone ).

• Like Like x 4
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  5. Arnold Koch

Arnold Koch Pro Driver

Although not really my favourite track in the calender, really good race. Totally forgot that I have to choose to serve the penalty in the pitstop menu before so after 30 minutes I quit. Very excited for sugo and suzuka races.
    Had some pretty cool battles with @Johnny Gutierrez the first couple laps. But then I was pretty "cocky" in the fast corners and lost him.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Congrats Toni, Good racing all, I pretty much out qualified my own pace.. hadn't gone that quick in practice, knew it was a matter of time before Johnny made a move on me..but was able to slowly build a small gap to Neil.. tyres were fried towards the end and Barrett was closing in as the laps ticked down, but was able to hang in there.
    I've really enjoyed the last two tracks.. hopefully Sugo will be as good.

On to the next!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Stream VOD

I think I am getting used to these cars? Still not anywhere near quick!!

I did a little practice and wanted to go aggressive. I couldn't be bothered with saving tyres or limping home, I wanted to RACE! So I cornered myself into a strategy and went for it. Luckily avoid the 1st lap carnage and tried to chase down the top 3. I just was not fast enough and it was time to pit. I screwed up my pitstop by braking too hard in the pitlane which made it seem like I did a handbrake turn and missed my pitbox. Awkwardly then had to reverse into it to get the pitcrew to put on some tyres.

I then had 20 mins to chase down some cars. I had a tyre offset but still didn't mean I was catching them very fast. Managed to see one car and overtake it... the rest of the race I was just lapping on my own and racing the stopwatch!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Neil Wood

Can I get the server replay for this round please?

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

10. Neil Wood

11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

ive uploaded my setup from this event to sro setups if people want to take a peek at it.
    usually other peoples setups dont really work but can spy little about some things made this track work for me.
    for this i tested more front wing as this had some fast corners i wanted to flat out.
    i do like my cars more "lively" and might cause problems at start to some one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Arnold Koch

Arnold Koch Pro Driver

"for this i tested more front wing as this had some fast corners i wanted to flat out."

I also raised my front wing. Especially in T4 it gave a massive boost for me

• Agree Agree x 1