Project Cars 2 Round 3 Dubai National

Discussion in 'PC2 Vintage Formula 1 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Real shame the incidents on the first lap ,I've watched the replay, unfortunately me and Gerhard just brushed wheels which sent his car flying over the track, then there was a collision with me and Bjorn.
    I wasn't sure who's fault it was at that point, so I took a drive through penalty, just in case it was me, when I came out of the pits I was running on my own so I waited for Gerhard so at least we could race, then Bjorn joined in. That part was fun.
    I can only say it looks like bad racing on my part ,the car slid a lot more than expected when me and Bjorn collided, I couldn't see him and he had nowhere to go.
    Great pole position by Gerhard, well deserved, and very fast pace Bjorn.
    Congrats to the podium guys great consistent drive by Ken for the win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

After the leading men were eliminated, I found myself in 2nd place, but Ken was unleashed and passed me before taking the lead. After passing Helmut, I managed to catch up with Ken, but although I was faster in some corners, he was still very consistent and... in front...
    I was really hot at the end:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver

Congrats to podium player well done all off you , also thank you to admins for all the fun ;) :)
    Great pace from team mate :rolleyes: , couldn´t match that . Julian is always fast no matter what.
    Was very disapointed at my self yesterday :( looking at the replay this morning I can see.

1. My start was not as quick , due to team mate in front off me , try to go out side for as long as possible :rolleyes:

2. But that back fire on me when going in to first corner I couldn´t see if I had any on the inside I could hear
    Gerhard had some insident assume that it was with Julian and that I got out off it but I sure didn´t . So I take half off the blame there:oops: :oops::oops:.

3. This cars when the tangle in to each other its a mess to come out of it :confused: thought I had done that and at
    corner 3 that I was first could hear Screw Cheif " hold you´r line " but got hit at the rear right tyre ,
    think it hit the driveshaft and gearbox . Was a mess to get it in to pit at all when, there I had
    40% damage on engine and gearbox so 3 min repair so all in all 5 min back , was about to give in.
    But still wanted to have some sort off racing . And we had for a pretty long time change position , but pressing
    on to much to hang on to Julian ev I hit a curbe and go in ot wall so that was game over for me :oops::mad::(

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Totally lucky win for me this time out, I almost feel I should give it back.

After the first lap shenanigans I ended up in 3rd and was happy to see I could stay with Christian and Helmut ahead. After a few laps it looked like Helmut was having to try harder to stay in front, so when I got a slightly faster exit onto the first long straight, I went to the inside of Christian for the tight multi-chicane type sequence and squeezed through into 2nd. I was then able to push Helmut a bit and move into 1st.
    My job then was to hold onto the lead with Christian ramping the pressure up continuously until the final 2-3 laps. Luckily I avoided any mistakes which would given him the chance to get through.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Grats podium, well deserved mates!!!

My quali was ok, pole against Julian and Björn mean a lot to me.
    My start was a little bit sleepy and i found myself in the middle of
    a sandwich between Björn on the left and Julian on the right.
    3 cars next to each other before enetring corner 1 is a very dangerous
    situation, so i tried to hold the line, but unfortunately Julian touched my wheel
    very gentle, but with big impact, my car spun out of control and i hit Björn.
    So my race was over after 100 m, went to the pits to repair and finished with
    frozen face-expression.
    But thats racing, things happen, cu next times mates!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1