rFactor 2 Round 3 Linas Montlhery Full - Sun May 5, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

GT revival 60s banner.jpg

YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.

Linas-Montlhéry Full version

Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry - Mazda MX-5 Onboard

* WELCOME TO ROUND 3 AUTODROME DE LINAS-MONTLHERY (FULL VERSION) *

Autodrome de Montlhéry (established 4 October 1924) is a motor racing circuit, officially called L’autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry, owned by Utac, located south-west of the small town of Montlhéry about 30 km (19 mi) south of Paris.

History
    Industrialist Alexandre Lamblin hired René Jamin to design the 2.548 km (1.583 mi) oval shaped track for up to 1,000 kg (2,205 lb) vehicles at 220 km/h (140 mph). It was initially called Autodrome Parisien, and had especially high banking. A road circuit was added in 1925.

The first race there, the 1925 French Grand Prix, was held on 26 July 1925 and organised by The Automobile Club de France Grand Prix. It was a race in which Robert Benoist in a Delage won; Antonio Ascari died in an Alfa Romeo P2. The Grand Prix revisited the track in 1927 and each year between 1931 and 1937.

In 1939 the track was sold to the government, which deprived it of maintenance during the war. In December 1946, it was again sold to Union technique de l’automobile et du cycle (UTAC).

The last certification for racing was gained in 2001.

[​IMG]
    L’autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry year 1923

Full - version

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

4. John vd Geest

Mod update to v1.03 (I will update the server tomorrow April 28)

Update: 27 Apr @ 2:41am
    Changelog v 1.03

Rain effects added to all cars. Special thanks to Old Drivers Spirit for allowing the use of the wipers on their HGT cars.

Tire updated to an all weather tire including AI tires. (still no tire wear for now)

Reduced tire change time in pits from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

Engine wear update. Rev limiter removed and lifetime over rev shortened. All engines have the same rpm limit. Engine damage has been set above 7,600rpm. 9,000rpm will blow the engine instantly. Continuous over revs above 7,600rpm will eventually destroy the engine.

Aston Martin, Bizzarrini, Jaguar, and Cobra now have player detail graphic options. These options remove some or all gauge needles to boost fps.

AI talent files now working correctly. Unfortunately the car class/opponent filters had to be changed to get the RCD files to work so there is only one filter per car so each model will need to be selected separately. You can find them all under GT Revival.

Improved collision mesh. May or may not have made a noticeable difference...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. John vd Geest

SERVER UP AND GT REVIVAL 60S UPDATED TO V1.03

6. John vd Geest

I think the gmotor error may have been fixed with v1.03.
    Anyone who would like to test their custom skin on the server in semi-race conditions, please join the server next Wednesday May 1st at normal time 19:00 GMT.

7. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Glad to see it's evolving!
    Not yet tested!
    Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation for this race...:oops:
    Especially as I know this circuit...:(

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Have a nice holiday and see you next round!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

I don't like whatever has happened here :(
    Since this update, my hud's rev counter never gets close to the red zone, no matter what gear ratio is used, but the car's onboard rev counter (which can't be seen when the hud is enabled) will constantly be red-lining.
    I've tried a couple of hud's and it's the same result. The hud's rev counter is no longer matching the car's rev counter.
    This compromises a 'visual' gear change indicator. Thankfully, 'ear only' is okay, but still, it's a little bit annoying.
    As for blowing the engine, I've intentionally tried to destroy mine, but it hasn't popped yet :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gilles da'Silva

RE: GT REVIVAL TEST SESSION
    Wednesday May 1st @ 19:00 GMT

If anyone doesn't have a 'skin', but is able to take part in Wednesday's test, please contact me. I have skins available to anybody who is willing and able to drive in the test session.
    Unless Admin objects, the skins will also be available, for the purposes of this test, to drivers who are not currently taking part in the GT Revival series.​

11. John vd Geest

No problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I also had that issue and had to make some custom changes in my simhub setup. It thought redline was like 11,000. These engines require a lot of care but I like the realism. Now we just need to turn off auto-clutch and other aids and make it more real :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gilles da'Silva

:oops:Forgot I had 'invunerability' on. Blew the thing right at the end of my first timed lap on the server today.:rolleyes:
    As I was about to start my second timed lap (with a fresh engine :)) I thought I'd approach from the very top of the banking. Got a 'Lap will not count', so I guess that part of the track, isn't part of the track.
    Changed my hud to 397's. I can now see part of the car's rev counter dial and unlike the last couple of hud's I used, the 397 hud's gear indicator does change colour.
    The rev counter lights still barely move though, but I'm sure everybody knows that by now :D
    When I first met this car a few weeks ago I absolutely loved it. Couldn't get enough of it. Most fun I've had in a car since Betsy Heavens in the car-park of Queens Court Hotel in 19-something-or-other :) But I'm afraid the romance is over now :(:)
    C'est la vie.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Yeah, you have to lift the throttle on the upshifts like for real.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

You mean people are flat shifting these bad boys????

16. Matias Estrela

Matias Estrela Pro Driver

Of course we are. We will do everything that the mod and the server configuration allow, if it allows us to save tenths of a second, fuel, etc..
    In the next race I'm gonna use auto blip and auto lift.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

oh, no, don't do that! Not realistic...:rolleyes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Anyone download the additional bat mod for this mod? It's pretty realistic. Every time you crash, your girl hits you with a bat. Feels real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. John vd Geest

I can't be on the server tonight because I have to be somewhere. Default password has not changed.
    You all can still do the test. Just start practise & qual and go back into the pits and press Esc to see if you get an gmotor error.
    Hope the problem will be fixed with this update :)

20. Gilles da'Silva

Thanks for the idea Mark. Hadn't occurred to me to do that :oops:
    I've been using 'Dash Panel' for a couple of years, but I actually ditched it just before the start of this series as it was costing me around 15 fps. But, because it allows me to adjust pretty well everything, it's back in action again (with the rev counter set to 65%)
    I've been considering 'SimHub' or 'RaceLab' as replacements for 'Dash Panel'. Do you (or anyone else) know what kind of dent to your fps you get from using 'SimHub' (or 'RaceLab')?