rFactor 2 Round 3 Putnam Park GP

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Cup 2023 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing all. Grats to the winner and all who finished.

I'm sorry Gert-Jan. I miss judged that corner, the tires, the car, everything. errrr for hitting you. I was happy where I was. I think I was feeling pressure for some reason.

Anyways, rf2 crashed to desktop. Comes with the territory. What are you going to do. At least the dogs happy I'm not racing anymore.

Cheers,

Johnny

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

car was horrible and then in warm up did some little tweak to other direction that i generally go and it was much better.
    But then what works in 1 lap, wont work in longer stint...front kept heating and car wouldnt turn. had to pump gas in corners to jerk it around and so on.
    Happy to finish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Still too fast for many of us Toni :rolleyes::D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Please may I have the server replay please, thanks very much :)

6. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Just came back from my holiday, so had a little time to setup the car. I knew I had a good car at a higher fuel load and that it would start to understeer at the end of the race. I was overdriving the car in qualifying and did not do a great lap but still was 3rd on the starting grid. My start was not great and Neil who makes great starts in these cars overtook me and Michal. At the end of lap 1 I was hit by Johnny and I spun off the track and returned in 9th place.

With a good balanced car I was able to get back to 2nd in a couple of laps also because I think there was in incident between Neil and Michal which I could pass (Neil was mowing the lawn and Michal waited to let him pass again). After overtaking Ken and Toni I was in 2nd about 10s down on Liudas. I was trying to close the gap to Liudas but made a couple of mistakes in the process which lost me the time I made up and in general the gap stayed the same.

In the end when the fuel had burned the car got understeer because the fronts heated up. My tyres had seen better days and Michal could close the gap quite easily and overtook me in turn 1. I had a decent gap to Toni in 4th and took the podium...

All in all I am not dissapointed with the podium and the standings are very close for the championship which makes it more exciting for the 2nd half of the season. The incident in lap 1 with Johnny made it impossible to fight with Liudas for the win but, through the season he shows great speed and a well deserved win... Congrats Liudas.

Hope to see you all next time in these tough little cars.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ken Jagger

8. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Another not-so-perfect racing weekend.
    Although the end result is satisfactory, the road to it was not ideal.
    For starters, Neil, whose appearance in front of me heralded a fierce fight until the end of the race, (and most likely until the end of the season).
    After a few laps I make a slight braking error and push Neil onto the grass, (sorry), no damage, but we lose a lot of time, position and distance. When we got back into the competition, I finally managed to overtake him.
    There's still plenty of time, so I'm in pursuit.
    After a short while, Ken stands in the way and I hit him after he was thrown on a grater. I chose the wrong side, sorry Ken.
    Further journey with the steering wheel tilted, I must admit that the right turns were even better.;) But that wasn't my plan.
    Once again, I make up position after position, doubly concentrated and happily reach the finish line without any adventures.
    P2

9. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

The phrase "punch above my weight" I'd use for myself in this series. I am nowhere near a fast car but I do my best against the faster guys every time I hit the track.

Made a great start from 4th to 2nd into turn 1 and had a good battle with @Michał Mazurek for a number of laps. It was unfortunate I got the little nudge. Just checking the replay I was very lucky to not hit the only solid object (tyres) in the outfield when going off. This lost me a few spots.... Michal let me back passed on the straight and we went again.

On lap 10 I screwed up my braking into turn 1 and went a little wide, was very scared about getting sucked onto the grass so I was slow and Michal got by into T2. As luck would have it, @Ken Jagger put some wheels on the dirt on the outside of the final turn and span across the track into Michal. If I hadn't been overtaken that may have been me!

I breathed a little easier and began to regroup to catch @Toni Talvitie. Lap after lap we traded laptimes but I could see Michal closing on the relative. On lap 17 I decided to let him by into T1 but unfortunately going off line and slower into the turn I lost time I'd made up on Toni.

I then tried my best to close in on Toni and I could see a few mistakes ahead but I could only get within 1 second at the line!

Stream VOD

10. Ken Jagger

Nothing to apologise for Michal, the mistake was mine and you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.