rFactor 2 Round 3 Red Bull Ring

Discussion in 'Formula BMW Euro-Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Matej Dakskobler

Matej Dakskobler Pro Driver

Hey, anyone can share setup for F BMW? Been away for a long time and would really appreciate it.

3. Ken Jagger

I haven't worked on a setup for this track yet, but if it's of any use to you here is my Monza setup. A much different track I know but maybe a start for you.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

5. Matej Dakskobler

Great, thank you very much!
    I have read the rules, I think I will be OK. It's great to see that there are strict rules - I like clean, fair racing!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Matej Dakskobler

Hey everyone!
    After few years back to sim racing. I really hope I didn't hit someone in first laps. My hands were shaky, I tried my best
    It was really intense in the beginning. Second half it was a test of concentration. I was able to follow the winner for a few laps, but then he just found another gear or something and flew away
    Thanks Ken for organising and for a great setup, it worked here as well
    See you all at the next event

• Like Like x 3
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

*Sigh* Tough one. I tried my Monza Set Up too, but I thought the gear ratio/wing settings did not fit. In the end I added few clicks, which means I drove with 3/6.

In practice the set up felt good, or let´s say it was better than with less wing. In hindsight, I should have tried a setting with more, because I struggled a lot in the last sector.

Anyway, the race was more like Monza. My start was ok, but jammed and lost a position. I tried to keep up with the pack in front, but at the latest with in the middle part I lost touch, while Scott closed in on me.

But the remainder of the race was way different than expected. First I was able to get back to the two guys front, by benefitting of some mayhem. And then it got pretty wild with Ken. I tried to pass him but he defended well and made no bigger mistake. Even a lapped car, that suddenly appeared in front of us and blocked him, changed nothing. No way to pass Ken, so everything was settled as we go into the last lap. But out of nowhere I got a run on him out of turn one. Still, I was on the outside and not clear. Therefore I gave up the apex, expecting Ken to go deep. That was the right decision and I got through. I am not that happy with the rest of my lap, but I made it to the line.

Intense. Thanks for running, see you next time.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I entered the race well prepared, over 100 laps of practice gave me a lot of confidence.
    Everything was going well: qualifying, race start, first corner, first laps. I had the advantage... I thought I was in control of the race, but someone started to approach me and I couldn't accelerate anymore. It quickly became clear that professionals had joined the pack. However, my fate was not sealed, I had a chance to win; however, I made a technical error rubbing against the gear lever in turn 3 - unwanted downshift - put me sideways - I lost 2s and 1st position.
    I pushed until the end, but I didn't win that race.

Maybe next time. Congratulations Petr.

• Like Like x 3