Project Cars 2 Round 3 Rouen Short

Discussion in 'Ferrari F355 Challenge Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Great car/track combo, hopefully all pc2 friends will join

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver Donator

Looking forward to it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Great race. As I was expecting on Rouen :p
    Pretty good qualy, good start, after 2 laps and @Julian Smith mistake in the lead for 1 lap. Now it was my turn for a mistake (before the race I have prepared my self so didn't panic :cool:) and I lost 2 places. After my incident car lost a little ability to take corners. But still OK. So happy driving following @Brian Donald, then it was time for his mistake. But this time, because I didn't want him to feel bed, I made a little mistake too. Here I was sure I hit Donald, but as you can see in reply was a very close one, but no touch (as you can see in the photo).
    Now I was on second position, but with @Ken Jagger hunting me. With my car damaged, I lost acceleration and some top speed, so I was a sitting duck for the hunter. Ken passed me but I tried hard to stay with him until the end of the race. I managed to do this, but at the end it was a 5 second gap.
    Great race, nice combo.
    Congratulation to Julian, Ken and to all survivors.
    upload_2023-11-7_22-34-18.png

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ken Jagger

You were very strong tonight Flaviu and well done on driving good laps with a damaged car. I was nowhere in practice and couldn't get comfortable with the car, unlike at Bannochbrae two weeks ago. This PC2 version of the track had those nasty kerbs which really upset the car. I don't think they could've been representative of the track in the RW and are definitely not present in the rF2 version of the track. I only got sorted in the final few laps of practice and felt I had a car setup I could trust to do the things I commanded. Thanks to Team mate Julian for some info which helped with this.

I took the first real chance at passing Flaviu into the downhill hairpin, after I saw that I appeared to be better under braking into that turn on the previous couple of laps. I then had to try and remain consistent for the remaining laps, not one of my best driving traits :eek:.

Grat's to SRO's resident PC2 expert Julian on his win and thanks to everyone for continuing to support PC2 here at SRO. Let's keep this going into 2024.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

To be honest I was a bit surprised at my pace in this race as the track is new to me , I think I managed to luck in to a set up that worked and the track seemed to gel with me.
    unfortunately I did make a mistake:oops: in lap one and I went on to the grass, I could see Flaviu behind and didn't want to do an unsafe re-join so let him go past and then re-joined hopefully to chase him down.
    Real shame that later he then made a mistake himself and that slowed him down with damage.:(
    I did push hard and made a couple more mistakes in the race, but luckily got away with it:eek:, lapse in concentration:mad:
    Congrats to Ken on a great P2 good result and gained a lot of time from practice.:)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Back to PC2 after more than a year without launching it!
    It's good to still find some interesting races! ;)
    The car looks good to me, and for once I'm in the middle of the pack, but a long way from the leaders!
    A few problems with a competitor at the start:confused:, and a few mistakes towards the end,
    making the car very difficult to keep on the track!:eek:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ken Jagger

Its good to have you back with us Christian. I hope to see you out in more races in the future. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to the podium. I had great pace after getting used to the track but touched the kerb and spun off. Seemed a bit violent reaction for a small touch I thought.
    Car was a pig to drive with the damage so my race was over.
    Great to see more drivers on the grid and hope there will be more to join.
    See you all next race.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1