Assetto Corsa Round 3 Salzburgring

Discussion in 'European Touring Car Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Good to be back after a busy summer. I just had to drive the Ford Capri, a boyhood fantasy.
    I was really pleased with my q time. My driving skills have improved hugely in recent months and 5-6 seconds off the pace is a real result for me. It would have been 20 secs earlier this year.
    Sadly, my race didn't go so well. Racing nerves saw me spin in the big curve and then I overdrove the car in a stupid effort to 'catch up' which just resulted in more spins. Calmed myself and got my head down but the leaders were coming hard by this time so lots to concentrate on. Very smooth and incident free passing tonight.
    My persistence paid off with 2 drivers pitting early so I grabbed 5th place albeit 2 laps down. Once the leader had crossed the line, I clocked my fastest lap of the whole race on worn out tyres. Nerves huh?
    Those cars sounded amazing tonight. A great mod and a great track.
    Thanks Ken and racers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Good that race did go ahead, even though the website was down ;)
    Absolutely, from my point of you that was really good. You might find some additional pace, by tweaking the set up, it seemed that you hit the limiter very early. Maybe a longer gear ratio is faster, although it has its price.

My quali was good, but my start was horrible. I suspect because I drove the longest gear ratio available and the resulting long first gear, three cars passed me before turn one.
    I was able to get those positions back and build a gap. See

Errors are easy made here (turn one for example), so still a challenge to bring the car home, as it was for everybody. So congrats to everyone who made it, see you soon.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Philipp, Yes, my top gear was far too short. I was revving out just after halfway down the long run.
    All good experience.

Thanks

5. Ken Jagger

Keep racing with us and practicing Simon and you will only get quicker & better :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Grats on your win and a commanding error-free drive Philipp :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

The race results have now been posted, but due to Franz Herbert Mann & Mitchell Kakotsky not being registered, they were not picked up in the results processing system. Apologies to everyone if our website technical glitch was the cause of any issues.