rFactor 2 Round 3 Watkins Glen International - Sun Apr 30, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

4. John vd Geest

LIVE | Race | 4 Hours of Barcelona 2023 (English)
    Just some fun watching ...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Thanks Jonh. I was watching this in the middle of the night as well. Now I'm walking around like a zombie.

On board footage. Good to see their lines.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Good find. Love it :)

7. John vd Geest

I started doing some practice today, but this track is a tire eater, man! That left front is crumbling fast!
    I can't see the GTD times on live timing, but I was practicing race pace with a starting fuel of 115 liters on medium tires and did a fastest lap of 1.48.600.
    I think I can knock 0,5 sec off with some more practice but it has to be done while the tires are still fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nick Newcombe

Nick Newcombe Pro Driver

I did a 1.45 as has @Robin Taylor did mine in the M4 not the Porsche as I was testing for the Eitha Racing Team drivers

9. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

RACE WEEK !!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. John vd Geest

I'm not feeling it, but apparently the car is sliding a lot ... So I have 2 choices ...
    1. drive like I'm going to the 7/11 for some snacks and do 1 stop, or ...
    2. drive like a Bat out of hell and do 2 stops :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. John vd Geest

The weather poll is closed with this final result:
    From Mosport onwards, the weather will be "Real World Weather", so the preferences will be 50/50.
    But ... real-world weather could of course also mean that all next events will be bone dry as well.
    upload_2023-4-25_10-32-36.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah it’s the same for the Oreca. The constant radius turns just cause chaos with the front tyres. The softs turn to jelly/marzipan/blu-tack after about 5 laps. Lol.

not sure if it’s a slight issue with the track mod being set too aggressive on surface conditions but for sure expect some serious drop off in performance over the stint.

not complaining though, same for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I ordered an upgrade to all Moza gear, which has started trickling in through the mail already, but it's not all here yet... The pedals are installed but I'm still steering with my trusty G29. What better way to get used to a new set of pedals than with a week of championship races at 45, 90, and 144 minutes? :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Just looked the pedals up online, nice piece of kit. Hope you enjoy them.

Moza have been one of the success stories recently in sim racing, nice to see that really as most are tiny companies that just about break even.

Also nice to see decent costs too, some of the prices are just crazy. which I can understand with things like production parts not being good, pieces that have to be binned, etc. that all has to be factored in but £2k for a wheel (for example) is just bonkers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted

Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Lorenzo, Sameer & Ricardo
    Twitch broadcast link:
    https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)
    Or go to the headlines on top of the homepage on race day.

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. Watkins Glen Boot Conditions
    By vote, the race will be 100% dry.

1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a formation lap & rolling start. We drive the formation lap in double file in Qual order.
    7) The GTD pole sitter will hold a 5 seconds gap to the last LMP2 on the formationlap.
    8) When the LMP2 pole sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for the LMP2 field.
    9) When the GTD pole sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for the GTD field.

4. Qualification procedure
    1) The Qual time will be 20 minutes in total.
    2) Only the LMP2 field will go out for the first 9 minutes. On the 9-minute mark, all LMP2s must finish their lap and hit the Escape key on conclusion.
    3) Only the GTD field will go out for the last 9 minutes. On the 11-minute mark, all GTD cars can leave the pitlane until the end of Qual.
    4) Chat is not allowed during Qual.

5. You can find the password for the race server on the Watkins Glen event page.

6. You can find the server by first typing sro

7. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

8. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

9. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

10. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. IT'S RACE DAY BOYS! How are you guys feeling ahead of Round 3?! Let us know, we will report your thoughts during the warm-up!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. John vd Geest

I feel I'm too slow because I'm getting old and will finish last because the tires (RIP) are in a coma after 5 laps and dead after 10.
    Furthermore, I feel that the older I get, the less competitive I become so I give less of a shit about the above than I used to ...

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

....you forgot to thank your sponsors....;):D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

You're not alone John :rolleyes::D

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  20. Lorne Martin

Lorne Martin Pro Driver

For me, it’s setups.. just can’t seem to wrap my head around what’s good. I seem to know what’s bad and that’s me…

• Like Like x 3