rFactor 2 Round 3 Zolder

Discussion in 'Alpine 110 GT4 Challenge' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 31, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Must join in and try to get in shape again after a long time and not much racing done.
    See you all at Zolder . :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

Always a difficult track for me. Once I was distracted at the entrance to the last couple of turns and even though 2 wheels remained within the track, the game immediately considered the limits of the track red, almost stopped, drove very slowly for several seconds, but still got drive through. Of course, I’m pleased with the result of the race, but it was nervous

4. Ken Jagger

You weren't the only one to get a D/T Roman as both Nick and Barrett got one also. In Barrett's' case it was totally unexpected and without warning, a bit like yours it seems. I think the problem is due to the track's inbuilt limits being problematical as we saw in practice. Lot's of messages about cutting but no penalties applied and then a random D/T like you all experienced o_O:mad:.

5. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

I was wondering if it was because a preset value of track limits was reached, I got the drive thru when I hit 5 out of 20. Dunno if it was set to 5 on the server?

Track Limits Violations in Race sessions
    "Otherwise the points are added to a tally, and at a set amount of points that can be configured a drive through penalty will be given."
    https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/track-limits

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

The game treated me more strictly today. I have 4 laps with violation of the track limits and I received 1 DT, you have 17 laps and also only 1 DT

7. Björn Johansson

Congrats to all podium players and thank you to admins :)
    Did a ok race ,but pit way too late , gamble a bit to not take one but found it impossible at late state
    off the race.
    Sorry to Barrett for the push ,:oops: was to close sorry about that.:oops:
    Track limits in this game/track is a huge problem , you get a cut even with two wheels on track
    from what I could see and differs from curve to curve :confused: what the outcome will be:eek:.
    Is there a way to check it now . Think I had 7-8 points out off 20 but not sure :confused:

8. Ken Jagger

Server was set to 20 points.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Unfortunately the race results file does not contain data for the track cutting "offences", only showing a zero lap time for invalid laps which don't correlate to the time the D/T's were given. Not an ideal situation for online racing. I'll make a post in the Steam workshop and see if it generates a response from the track developer.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ken Jagger

The problem was already reported in the Steam Workshop back in March 2023, with no response from the dev. Not sure it will get picked up, but I've also submitted a post.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Björn Johansson

uh forgot :oops: sorry for Gerhard not to be able to do all the race , sorry mate :(

12. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

thank you Björn, my first disconnect since 2 years :confused:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

I wondered what happened Gerhard :(