rFactor 2 Round 4 Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Cup 2023 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 7, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

I do hope we can get the 14 runners on track which have signed up for this one!

3. Ken Jagger

Unfortunately I will miss this one due to being away, but have fond memories of running this track in rF1.

4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The server is down because of an S397 update. I need some info from Ken Jagger before I can put it up again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Server is up again and race password has been set.

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

It felt better and better and enjoyed driving whole race.
    Had a great start and would have gone 1st before corner but i didnt see Michal and he was somewhere there so was few moments kind of clueless and lost my opportunity for passing Liudas. And the last opportunity too lol.
    Anyhow did great today and felt good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  7. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Qualification: +0.001
    Race: I was doing quite well, about 3 seconds into the long part of the race. The moment I decided to speed up, small errors started to creep in. I left my pursuit.
    The last 10 minutes was watching Ed vs Ben fight, I didn't want to get involved.
    P3 and fastest lap in the race is ok. :)

P.S. I remind you that after pressing Esc in qualifiers, another attempt after two weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I also thought I saw @Liudas Askinis crash during qually... and push escape... was too busy getting a descent lap in myself...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gert-Jan van Osch

During practise I noticed I did not have the best car today, seeing the competition doing 57s and myself sticking at low 58s I knew it would be a tough day. Having qualified in 5th I had a descent start and overtook Neil.... Than it sunk in I forgot to launch crew chief. I had to take it less risk not knowing exactly where everyone was and I locked wheels with Michal in one of the opening laps. Luckily we both survivided but Neil could overtake me again. Missing the benefit of crew chief I had to take it safe to overtake Neil safely without taking us both off so I lost a lot of time in getting past him. He had a few great comebacks and it was a good battle but in the end when I got past and got a descent enough gap knowing he could not do an overtake launch I was 10s down on Michal and 14s on Tony. I pushed as hard I could but the gap would remain the same. In the last 10 minutes when Michal was taking it easy to the end of the race I was able to close the gap to 2.5s but ran out of time.

Despite the number of players is not that big, the racing and competition in this series is really good... Loving the challenge and competition. Hope you all can join the remaining races with more great racing to come. Finshing 4th cost me the lead in the championship today, but all credits to everyone for the high level of racing.

CU all next time.

• Like Like x 3
  10. John vd Geest

If you think a protest is in order, you can file one after 24 hours.
    Filing a protest

11. Gert-Jan van Osch

Hi John, I race for fun... do not like to protest... Hope he does not do it again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Neil Wood

I think I cursed myself counting on getting a good start. This round I did the same as usual but bogged down on the green light and lost places. I was careful through the first few bends going two wide and escaped the first lap unscathed. Got a run on @Barrett Erickson and passed them and began to chase @Gert-Jan van Osch and @Michał Mazurek. Gert lost some momentum and came back towards me. The next 10 mins we had a cool battle passing each other a couple of times but I eventually I succumbed to running wide on the bumps in T2 and Gert was through and I never saw them again.

The bumps here felt so weird here as if they had half grip or something, the car skating across them. The kerbs were also a little glitchy so I couldn't touch them without getting spun around.

Nice little track which worked well with these cars, could do with a gfz refresh though.

Stream VOD

13. Neil Wood

May we please have the server replay?

14. Ken Jagger

15. Liudas Askinis

Liudas Askinis Pro Driver

sorry bwoys, i somehow managed to stay ignorant of this rule through two championships already,
    although must have esc'aped for the first time (knock on wood).

luckily SRO rules cover this situation:

3.4 Use of Escape (Esc) key in Qualifying
    If you use the Esc key on track and then leave pit lane again for an additional lap, you will be penalized in one of three ways:
    1. If the event is not part of a series or is a club event, you will be disqualified.
    2. If the event is part of a series, you must do a drive-through at the next event.
    3. If the event is part of a series and is the last event, you will be disqualified.

i keep walking on the edge of knife it seems ... anyways, a drive-through will be my punishment for tomorrow,
    and with pit speed limit set at 40km/h, it's likely a podium-killer, although thanks to virtual Gods, it's
    not the last round.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2