rFactor 2 Round 4 CTMP Mosport - Sun May 14, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

TEAMSPEAK

In view of our false starts for the race, I think it will be useful if we are all on TeamSpeak for the remaining 3 rounds, starting with Mosport.
    I'm sure we will all disconnect again in warmup or on the Formation lap because of the "race against un-owned content" feature (which I also think it is).

That way I (we) can make sure that everybody has come back to the server before when we go to "race".
    I saw in Watkins Glen on the formation lap that 1 driver was late and asked if we could start again, which I couldn't do of course or it would have been total chaos.
    And that is a real shame for that driver because he invested a lot of his time in practise, I'm sure.

So, I will be on TeamSpeak and I think it's best that everyone is too, so we can call out to wait ... :)
    It will also be much better for me as an admin to do the pre-race drivers briefing on TS. After that you can disconnect from TS if you want or hit "mute" for the race.
    But I know it's a lot of fun to be on TS during the race ... up to you.
    The broadcast team can then also do interviews during the race. :D

SRO TeamSpeak: https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

The password to get in the rFactor2 room = sro

upload_2023-5-2_14-59-58.png

Last edited: May 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

BVR is on TS for every race, but in our own channel (as indicated in your pic). It's just a matter of dragging your name from one channel to the other, if i remember right, so i'll do that for the warmup session if we have any issues, then back for the race. Admins can also access our password protected channel if needed right?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paulo Tempera

Paulo Tempera Pro Driver Donator

awesome, outstanding idea :D good job my friends

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

I don't know. I'll have to ask Nigel Middleton about that.

7. Nick Newcombe

Nick Newcombe Pro Driver

You can

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Barrett, the briefing before QUAL will also be done on TS. That is more clear for everybody, they can ask questions and it prevents me from getting RSI.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nick Newcombe

Nick Newcombe Pro Driver

I'm getting error on trying to join server @John vd Geest is anyone else before I troubleshoot and try and find problem. I can join other servers, just not this one!

10. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

i was on earlier. didn't turn any laps. john did his time after that.

11. John vd Geest

Hi Nick, in what car where you trying to join?
    Also try:
    joining without a custom skin
    delete all old SRO vmod from other events
    did you download the track from the event page?

12. Nick Newcombe

Nick Newcombe Pro Driver

@John vd Geest I could not actually get to the point of selecting a car. It said missing content, so I checked my installed tracks and subscription was there for Mosport. Checked vehicles folder and Porsche GT3 R was missing. Knowing RFactor 2 and troubleshooting through the years, I have a folder of my subbed vehicles and dropped the GT3R in to the directory I use. How the Porsche folder went AWOL is a story for another day I guess, but I joined server at least. Work to do then see if I can do a decent lap. Missed Sundays race as i was busy :D
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. John vd Geest

Okay, cool that you can join again. As for Sunday last ... yeah, I can see how that is a priority over a computer game :p:cool:
    You where behind the dials for sound and lights? Cool stuff man!

14. Nick Newcombe

Nick Newcombe Pro Driver

Ha ha I was DJ, I miss a lot of the summer races especially Le Mans events as I'm away a lot from now until September playing festivals

15. John vd Geest

Living the life dude :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

So is anyone else in the GT3 class losing 3% of their left-front tire every lap, or is it just me and my bad driving? :D

17. John vd Geest

No ... has nothing to do with your driving. When I come out of the pits, I do 1 lap and come straight back in again for new tires ....

Last edited: May 11, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yep. This is another tyre eater. Lol. I could probably just about do a full stint on softs but the fronts would be shot to pieces.

traffic is going to be crazy round here. Really narrow in places. Be careful everyone.

brilliant race track though, I’m shattered after 30 laps. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  19. John vd Geest

Weather report Mosport Sunday May 14
    The server will be set according to the values below on race day.

Weather Mosport.png

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted

Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Lorenzo, Sameer & Ricardo
    Twitch broadcast link:
    https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)
    Or go to the headlines on top of the homepage on race day.

2. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

3. Mosport Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a formation lap & rolling start. We drive the formation lap in double file in Qual order.
    7) The GTD pole sitter will hold a 5 seconds gap to the last LMP2 on the formationlap.
    8) When the LMP2 pole sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for the LMP2 field.
    9) When the GTD pole sitter crosses the start line, the race starts for the GTD field.
    10) The drivers briefing on the server before Qual and the Race, will only be done on TeamSpeak. You can find all the info in this thread above in Post #3.
    You don't have to talk if you don't want to, you only have to listen.
    (We might experience another big disconnection before the race, so use TeamSpeak to let us know who is or is not back yet to start the race)

4. Raceday weather conditions
    The server is set for real-world weather conditions.
    The weather for Mosport on May 14 2023 = partially cloudy / 17 degrees / wind: 17 m/h North

5. Qualification procedure
    1) The Qual time will be 20 minutes in total.
    2) Only the LMP2 field will go out for the first 9 minutes. With 11 minutes to go, all LMP2s must finish their lap and hit the Escape key on conclusion.
    3) Only the GTD field will go out for the last 9 minutes. With 9 minutes to go, all GTD cars can leave the pitlane until the end of Qual.
    4) Chat is not allowed during Qual.

6. You can find the password for the race server on the Mosport event page.

7. You can find the server by first typing sro

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

10. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

11. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 2