Project Cars 2 Round 4 Indianapolis Road Course

Discussion in 'Formula C USA Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS ONLINE

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away for a couple of weeks or so and will miss this race. Have fun guys, Rob Milliken should be looking after things in my absence.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Servers up !

4. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Rob can you put up a replay? not sure what happened.

5. Rob Milliken

I do have it & will try & get it up tonight after work .. I was behind & it looked like 2 cars came together on the green trying to fill the same hole lol but IDK ....

6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I would echo that, from my perspective Vermeulen had a mega start and then I saw three cars very close together with a rear wing flying in the air. To be honest for me PC2 is the worst game for such situations because it is very hard to keep track on what goes on behind or next to you. So that is probably a reason, too.

Anyway, to my race, I just made it after buying a desk to mount my steering wheel on. I moved and had no desk until that moment, so this race was more less a system check. Considering that circumstances it went ok. The desk moved a bit to the left/right when I turned, which was weird but ok. I lost contact to position 3-6 after Herman hit me from behind. Not so much his fault, the cirmcumstances aided because I had to back out a bit. From that moment on the balance was completely over the place and I had to avoid a crash/spin in every turn.

I will try to dial my issues out for the next round.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

just checked the replay Rob sent. was surprised to see it was Bjorn who took me off. oh well

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  8. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver

Congrats to podium player , at last you´r effort and speed pay off Julian :cool:
    Thank you to admins for the good work

Yesterday it was my turn to get a Fxxxx up race.

Had a real bad front wheel lock up :eek:o_O at the start couldn´t get off the grid
    I was forced to start all over and slide through all the way in to the first corner ,
    then I slowly could get the front tyre to eas off. Started to gain on those 26 sec I had up to
    Rob , when I get to him we had a encounter sending me off track and in to the wall. try to limp to
    pit ,but in the stress couldn´t find the pit entry had to go around for two more laps before I found it.
    So that was the Race only frustration for 45 min :mad::(:rolleyes:

I´m a bit confused about those front wheel lock up , If I break to much its ok ,but in the start can´t really see why
    front wheel should just roll or:confused::confused::confused:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Really bad luck luck Bjorn, Its really annoying after you spend time to practice and get a set up , then It all goes wrong, I know the feeling, I've made a lot of mistakes lately:(.
    The race for me went well, and amazingly for some reason I did enjoy the track, I have never driven a car and track combo that felt like you were driving on Ice, the car was a complete handful, obviously due to this , it makes total sense to run very high downforce to keep the back end safe for the race, but with that It felt a bit slow, I took the gamble to run 7 on the front and 9 on the back so almost felt like a drifting car, lol, fortunately it paid off, but it was a real handful not to make a mistake and go off track.
    congrats to the other podium guys, great drive.
    Thanks to all, and thanks Rob for standing in for Ken,

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

P2 behind Julian should feel like a victory, but it doesnt.

I was looking forward to run one more tandem race with my teammate as
    we had the same pace in practice. Much to my surprise he started in slow
    motion and things went really bad for him, what a mess.
    After a few laps i realized, that Julian once more was untouchable, so i managed P2
    without taking any risk, more like a taxi driver o_O.

@Scott: what happend at the start? If a replay is still needed, i have it, send me a PM and i
    will upload it with wetransfer.

PS: happy to see 11 drivers at the grid. Its a difficult situation at the moment, to get other series to
    start than RF2. I would love to keep some plurality at SRO and go on with PC2. I think as long as we have 10 drivers,
    it should be ok, but we have to choose shorter tracks.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Gerhard yes I'll pm. Bjorn had a slow start because his front tires were locked? o_O

12. Björn Johansson

Yes Scott , not spinning the rear tyre but front lock up they went yellow before I got to the first corner. you have a clue on whats happend :confused::( cause I sure didn´t go on the brake thats for sure ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

I just looked at the replay I saved, and now see what you were saying @Björn Johansson , Really strange , front wheels completely locked, rears ok.
    I never have seen that problem or had It before, Sorry but I can only see it as a strange one off glitch. Even if there was a problem with your brake pedal the rears wouldn't spin freely
    I Cant see any reason for it to do that, bet you swore:mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rob Milliken

The replay has been uploaded to the downloads section & available on the event page..
    or here ..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I was not sure about it although it would be odd, because at the time the issue with Roman was, that I could not see him. But this time I saw everybody including you. And after checking the replay (see at 28:43) it is clear that it was someone else, a lapped car if I am not mistaken. In my humble opinion this crash is a result of the poor rear visibility of PC2, at least it looks like that from the outside perspective in the replay.

16. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Yes Björn, very strange.
    I thought I had a decent start and went left to dodge Bjorn, but wow, Jacques had a blistering start and my move was right in front of him.:oops:
    Glad your car seemed ok, mine was undrivable. Phillipp, yes I need a bigger mirror or something.

17. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

its ok just checked the replay Rob kindly sent and it was Bjorn, i had so much damage i couldnt tell who hit me. shame my race was going well right up to that

18. Björn Johansson

My excuse to Roger :oops: , after my pit stop I had no name tags over the cars.
    And there where a couple of that skin, so didn´t know who.:(

It was a hard car and track to try to pass with and got me self sent out off track a couple off times
    try to gain some time when coming up on cars . So it was a fxxxx race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Rob Milliken

Do any of you use crew chief? it works with almost all the sims & once you get used to it it's hard to drive without it, the spotter and crew chief keep you up with everything going on around you and what's up with your car like gas, damage, pace ectt.. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

I think nearly everybody is using it. Its a must have!!! My highlight with him was, when he told me: "we are wasting too much time driving behind him, time to extend your ellbows!":eek::)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1