Assetto Corsa Round 4 Nurburgring GP

Discussion in 'ADAC Formula 4 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 6, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll miss this race guys as I will be away for a couple of weeks. Duties will be taken care of by my fellow Admins. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Me, to be exact :)

4. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Hi guys, I may miss the race today. I was feeling really good about it but woke up this morning with Covid! Can't believe I made it through whole pandemic only to get it now. I am taking some medication now and hoping I will feel up to it in an hour or so. We'll see. If I don't come on then I hope you all have a great race. the way i feel right now I would not be able to complete 2 laps.

Paul:(

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Get well soon, Paul!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Thanks kiril.

7. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Sad to hear Paul, speedy recovery!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Sorry to Mitchell for the side tap on lap 1 turn 1, lock up my end I think. Better race for me after that, not sure if I could have made the flag without stopping but it was very close. Had I coasted a bit it would have been possible. Happy with finish though and no PC issues this time. Grats podium and see you next round.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

First of all, get well soon Paul.

I agree with you Oli, to do it without a stop was definitely possible. I was about 3 liters short, but my efforts to save fuel were not quite effective enough, so before going slower I decided to go for a splash and dash without a tyre change.

Overall, it was a bit feisty out there, lot of spins and contact. A certain green car came tapped me two times, but I was fortunate to hold on, losing only a few spots. Then I tried as in Zandvoort to keep everything together, which worked ok. I switched several times positions with my teammate, while faster cars either spun or caught back and overtook me :D
    In the closing stages I was reunited with the green car from earlier, who was on the same strategy, going long and do a splash and dash. I have to admit I was caught out be Kirils inlap and he was in the right gear to get going again. Even on a bad day, still "slick" enough to get me ;)

Still happy with the result and I am looking forward to the Lausitzring.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Enjoyed tonight. Tough racing as ever. Lost the plot towards the end after a bad off. Finished 2 laps down.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That went well, managed a fluke of a qualifying run (especially when I see how many saves there were in the replay), a good start, 2nd and 3rd held themselves up in a fight :D
    And to top it all off I didn't make any silly errors this time!
    I'm guessing Michal must have had a spin somewhere, as a 20 second gap is way too large - he was holding roughly 3.5 seconds behind me the entire first stint.

Anyway, good racing all and thanks to the backmarkers for being helpful (remember to follow your normal racing line though - I seem to remember a close call with a yellow car that tried to cut to the inside of a corner to get out of my way and nearly took my nose off as I was already there!)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

I had 0.7 ltrs with 1 lap to go. I think I might have made it in high gears:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

long time since AC. Damn it was fun and without spin and mistakes maybe better result.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

That was me Tim. Apologies. Went into T1 too hard. I was amazed you got through without contact. Sorry for the fright.
    I do try to maintain line usually, but really messed that one up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Qualifying: Fierce side-by-side combat, literally ;)
    Everything's all right :)
    Race: Good fight with Zak for two or three laps, then I followed Tim. Not much was changing so I decided to do a pitstop. It would have been a good decision if the others were going at the same pace, but unfortunately I was approaching them too fast.
    I managed to gain a few positions, but there was an incident at turn 7, the car in front of me went outside, I went inside, unfortunately we met at the exit and we were thrown off the track. We're back racing, but the seconds we lost can't be regained.
    A fight to the end. It worked. I won.;)

Oh no, wait, by the time I got to the finish line Tim was already drinking champagne
    Congratulations:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Just couldn't get a decent round in qualifying this time. That didn't make my race easy starting from P8, but it made it eventful and interesting. Would be even better if it wasn't for the spins.
    @Phil Brown, I don't know what happened in T1. I was a few car lengths behind you when you braked and then suddenly I was sitting in the passenger seat with you. Was that your connection? It looked like you didn't feel it at all, but I was lunged off the track.
    @Philipp Pichler, sorry for the clumsy green car in the first lap. Had the feeling that you braked really early and almost got hit by the people behind me. Apparently they did better job than I did. But I definitely ended up buying beers for my pit crew after the pitstop ;)
    All in all a fun race with few close battles and very strong field!

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Yeah I saw the replay, there was sudden lag and your car kind of warped into mine. I guess it was my connection because as you say I didn't feel it at the time, Sorry.