rFactor 2 Round 4 Portugal GP

Discussion in 'Formula BMW Euro-Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

sorry, ready to start racing again and my wheel is no longer powering up :(. Support request to Fanatec instead of a nice race. Hopefully I will get a fix/replacement this side of Christmas!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Sorry you couldn't make it Oli, thanks for informing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

That start was strange, I think the car in front of me lost it under braking and caused that mayhem. Unfortunate for Gerhard, Kostas and Scott, good for me. Although that was as good as my race got. I made too many errors, especially after turn two and turn eight. But at some point my good run had to end and I should not complain, the result is still good (slightly flattering too).

I had a nice fight with Michael, who took care of me as I passed him arround the outside of turn six. Thanks. I had also a nice battle with Scott. It was indeed pretty intense. I tried everything to put him under pressure but he was able to keep his position till the end. Congrats to him and the top four, see you soon.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Apologies for causing the problems at the start, especially to Gerrard, as Phillip says I completely missed my braking point. I will take a drive through at the next race. Sorry again.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Matej Dakskobler

Matej Dakskobler Pro Driver

Previous race, my 1st after a long time, I was really nervous at the start of the race. This one was much better. I didn't expect to be so competitive, so I was quite surprised after P2 in Q. In race I started really good, I was putting pressure on the leader, Michal. It helped a lot not having pressure from behind, because of the crash at the begining. I managed to get to the front, after a small mistake from Michal. Then I was trying to make some gap, but I just couldn't do it.. It would have been a great battle till the end i guess, if Michal wouldn't have some internet issues or smth.. Anyway, I'm really happy that again, I managed to pull off the hole race with consistant (and competitive) lap times.

p.s.: Michal, what happened?
    p.p.s.: Toni, I think I remember you from about 6 years ago, we had some good races together, on r2p probably. Great to race with you again!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Joined server and realised its end of Q allready so no more praccy.
    Tried to spy gears from someone, took wings down and basically everyrhing down or off.
    Had a good race for a change.

9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

10. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Apologies also to Kostas and Scott who also got caught up in the accident that I caused. Maybe I should do two drive throughs..

11. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Hey, this time my preparations went to waste.
    Good qualifying, the start of the race and a promising fight are just a prelude to a great catastrophe.

First of all, congratulations on winning
    I don't really know what happened, other than that rF2 decided to shut down.
    That's all.
    See you next time

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

No official protests have been received Phil, so I'm guessing the guys are just enjoying you SQUIRM! :rolleyes:

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Racing incident, I enjoyed the battles. MS and PP made me work for it. Gerhard must've had damage as he couldnt quite get in the mix with us.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

I am not sure Scott, i had a damage on the backside of the carbody after the startcrash, but i think i was not fast enough at all.
    No shame to be behind you and Philipp :).
    @Phil Brown : Forget about the drive through, you punished yourself by loosing a sure podium imo. Happy to have you on board mate, cu next round!

• Like Like x 3