Project Cars 2 Round 4 Ruapuna Park GP

Discussion in 'Toyota GT-86 International Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

i could not check the server setup. When racing this track the first time at SRO, we recognized, that in New Zealand in August is Winter!
    Hopefully its considered tonight, sorry for the late remark.

3. Ken Jagger

No snow or rain at the moment Gerhard :D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

that's reassuring mate, thank you ;)

5. Ken Jagger

I will miss the next race at Dubai GP due to being away, but Rob Milliken will ensure everything runs on time :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

Great race, this is probably one of my favourite tracks in PC2.
    Had some fighting with Roman in the beginning, but I think I may have been a bit too aggressive so I gave the position back to him.
    I was surprised how well I could keep up, but eventually I took my drive-through from last race so I fell back quite a bit. I even missed the pit entry and I had to reverse back to go in :D

It's nice to see new people, welcome to SRO!

I probably won't join the next series unfortunately, I set my eyes on the rFactor2 Mini championship, and I don't think I'd have the time to run in both.
    I'll keep an eye out on future PC2 races though, and might join in to mix things up!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

thank you all for the race. it is a pity that they did not restart, I do not think that it is a big problem to make an installation circle and start from the move, but not to lose two drivers

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ken Jagger

There was no need for you to take this self-imposed drive-through Viktor but your usual high-speed pace still allowed you to take 2nd position :)
    That's a big shame to hear that as we seem to be building a good group of committed PC2 racers here.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Learned something new again, if you don't click ready before the start, then you have to start from the box. Or more precisely, you can start from the box if you know how. All buttons were grayed out, only when I pressed monitor, I could suddenly start. :oops:

I almost lost a lap because I thought, why click ready when there is a restart anyway.

Anyway, sorry if I got in the way of someone lapping. In the infield, it was not so easy to find a good place, but I didn't deserve to be turned around either...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

I hope I wasn't the one turning you around, Philipp.
    The same thing happened as a couple of races ago with Roman, you were sliding around in straight lines across the track, sometimes even into walls.
    I don't recall seeing you the whole race, and never felt any contact with anyone after the first lap

• Like Like x 1
  11. Philipp Pichler

Probably, because it was the second car that lapped me.
    Ok, I was not aware of that, the only thing I noticed was Herman Sliep who was all over the place but not on track.

Did the others have the same experience with my car? At some point, for example, when @Christian Dauger lapped me, I asked myself why he got so close to my car after the hairpin. If he has not seen me, then it is clear why.

However, I have no idea why that is, the internet connection is not miserable, and I am not from the other side of the world.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Viktor Takács

Viktor Takács Pro Driver

Ahh, that is incredibly annoying :/

I can't say anything bad about my connection either, everyone else was smooth for me.

In case the issue is on my side, I'll try validating the game files and maybe even reinstalling the game, I hope it fixes it. Anyway, I'll probably record my next races just in case.

I even commented in the lobby after the race that the lapped cars did a fairly good job of letting me past.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gerhard Hofmann

Poor pace by me, but with consistancy i was on P4 and thought i could keep it, even Rob and Brian
    were in my slipstream.
    Unfortunately a car refused to get lapped and blocked us for a while, it ended with a mistake by him and
    hitting me. Some laps before another lapped car tried to fight and blocked. Mates, thats not necessary,
    we have no flags in this series but it does not mean its not virtually. Please take care in the future-TXS.

Also sad, Ken and Ed could not join anymore, sorry for you mates!

Grats to the podium, esp. to our french driver Christian, who had great pace this time, well deserved mate!
    Cu next round and please register to the follower: KTM X-Bow.
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/306

PS: Nice to see new drivers here at PC2, hope we can keep you!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

I didn't expect to be in such a good place! I don't know if it will happen again...;)
    Maybe because I realized that I had a bad brake setting in Pcars...:rolleyes:
    A nice track anyway !

@Philipp Pichler , sorry if I hit you, I don't think I hit anyone during the race except maybe Gerhard on the exit of the corner...(for once I could overtake him!;))
    To be seen on the replay?!
    On the other hand, I did see, several times, a car flying over the track !!! Was it yours ?!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver

Mixed feelings for me on this race
    I'm not expecting great pace as its a new track for me and the car was hard to drive during the couple of laps during practice, but risky last minute adjustments make it a lot better and manage to qualy at P7, sadly Ken & Ed not able to rejoin :(
    At the beginning I don't have the pace to follow the group in front but after some laps I start to get the track tricks and start to improve my laps finding myself at P5 pressuring Gerhard with Rob on my tail for some quite laps ;),

Then at lap 16 a mechanical failure :eek::confused:o_O, my shift paddles start to feel funny and one lap after they just fail going to neutral when I try to upshift in the back straight and when I try to shift goes to reverse making car spin and I hit Rob that was passing by, sorry mate.
    Drop to P7, I move to H shifter but start lapping much slower and no way to cache those guys again, fortunately Helmut was quite behind and I manage to keep P7.

Now I need to try to fix those shifters before next race

But after all I was surprised by the pace I was able to get after getting the track and was funny while it last :D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Philipp Pichler

No problem, there was no hit from your side, but I was a bit scared and feared a hit. If you could not see my car, then that would be the explanation, but if not then it maybe is only a problem that Victor had.

Regarding the flying car, I saw that too, so I assume it wasn´t mine, but who knows. I will monitor that, and please tell me if you see something odd.