rFactor 2 Round 4 Sportsland Sugo

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Japan Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karl Strouhal

Karl Strouhal Pro Driver

For what it is worth, Sugo is so much more fun to race without the chicane. Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

It should've been, it wasn't, but it is now :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver Donator

Congrats Tim. Fun race guys. Great battle @Barrett Erickson I just couldn't find a way passed at first.. looking forward to the next.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Can I get the server replay please?

6. Ken Jagger

7. Neil Wood

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, was working. Not sure if unsigned or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

This track had some pretty ugly looking rubber lines and that last corner is bumpy as hell!!

I was pretty close to everyone on the pace lap.... but the leader went as soon as they entered the last corner, caught me by surprise. The back end of the field were still only coming to the end of the straight so the field spread out a lot once we got to turn 1.

Saw the car ahead go off coming onto the back straight. I gained momentum on them and pulled out of their draft quite early. I was alongside, my spotter confirmed with his call outs. I braked early enough to make the corner, but for some reason, the car to my left still didn't realise there was a car there and turned in anyway. Lucky the rF2 online code can cope with this type of contact. I could have run deep as I was entitled to according to SRO rules, my corner but I left space. The contact unsettled the car and I didn't want to spin this early. I got repassed into the next turn.

I then took my time lapping to my pace, sticking to my strategy. I struggled finding my braking point lap after lap for the end of the back straight but still managed to stay on the grey stuff. I saw a car drop it on the back straight and was able to pass pretty easily. Laps later they were back with me with a tyre compound offset but a mistake got me breathing space.

I was then alone lap after lap with nothing going on. I watched people pit and I kept an eye on their laptimes and how much time left in the race. One of the leaders pitted around half way and began to catch on better tyres. They were close starting a lap and followed through T1 and T2. Lucky I listened to my spotter as I was turning into T3 as the car dived to the inside so I left space.

The rest of the race I just watched laptimes and gaps, got lapped and finished top 5. Quite happy with that!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

I also thought starting the race on the exit of the final left hander would probably string the field out but that was what was instructed by Ken in the warm up chat. Guess deciding where the exit of the final corner actually is on this track was very tricky.