Assetto Corsa Round 4 Vallelunga Extended

Discussion in 'Skoda 130RS Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 15, 2024.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

There is a chance I will not be able to make this race but I am going to stay registered in case I am home in time. If you would rather me unregister and then re-register, if I am home in time, let me know Ken.
    Hope to see you all in the race!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

NP Paul, no need to unregister and I hope you do make it :)

4. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

A great race tonight! I had some time to practice properly this week and raced the AI over 60 laps over the last few days. I really grew to like this Skoda and the Vallelunga track.
    It really paid off. No crashes, spins or mishaps this week (maybe 1 slight touch of the gravel). I was hitting the apexes and concentrating hard. Very pleasing.
    I started well and enjoyed following @Edward Jones but he started to get away. A few laps later, Ed had some sort of spin, and I nearly caught him which kept things interesting. Near the end, @Piazza Gioacchino left the server, so I gained some more valuable points. All the time @Roy Cop and @Kiril Kirilov were edging closer, which had me trying to plan how to let them by safely.
    Inevitably, Roy and three others lapped me after maybe 20 laps but I survived a long time tonight!
    Thanks all and see you in Barcelona.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Not much to say, I had a good start and was then in third. Thought about an attack for second, but Kiril had all under control. Actually, I am not sure, if I ever was that close to think about such things. Rest of the race, was a hot pursuite between Phil and myself. Every little slide on throttle or braking could give him a run, although passing was very difficult. Pressure was still high and catching Simon in the latter stages, could have made a difference but good job letting us by swiftly. (Maybe Phil has a different view on that ;))

If you interested, the 45 min hot pursuite in a 15 min video.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

4th race in the series.
    After noticing last race (Cadwell Park) that some of the racers in this League got to grips with the car I decided to take some time to practice a bit. The car/track combo felt a lot better than the combo from last race, so practicing wasn't a chore. Offline I could do 2.00. with certain consistency. Figured that would be good enough.
    Free practice:
    Slowly build up pace to make sure I wouldn't "overdrive" the car. Consistency was there. Then started work on quali setup as for quali the tires can be abused. Did a 1.59.7 I believe. Again, good enough I thought.
    Quali:
    Decided to do a banker lap first and then go for a fast lap. Banker lap went fine, the fast lap not so much.
    Then did a 1.59.6 That was the limit of my talent. It was good enough for pole.
    Race:
    Got a fairly good start. Noticed Kiril didn't get off the line as fast as everyone around him. That made @Philipp Pichler having a run on him. I saw both of them slow each other down slightly working in my favor. After lap 1 I had enough of a lead on Kiril that he couldn't use the draft to do a pass on me. He was still fast though. So same as previous race, doing quali laps as long as needed. Created a gap of about 6 seconds when I lost concentration at the wrong moment and spun the car. Recovered in time to stay in 1st. Back to building up the lead a few tenths each lap. Then about 3 laps from the end the car suddenly spun while braking for Cimini 1. That was a surprise as I did exactly the same as the previous laps. Looked at the tire app and saw the left front was yellow. That was most likely it. Had to be careful for the remaining laps. Finished 5 or 6 seconds in the lead.
    Again a 2 thumb up for @Simon Barnes who left a nice gap on the Roma corner to let me lap him. Thanks

Next one Barcelona City track. Never driven it, but I like street tracks, so it will be fine.

• Like Like x 3