rFactor 2 Round 4 Zandvoort - Sun Oct 29, 2023

Discussion in 'Aptora Formula 1 2023 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]WELCOME TO ROUND 4 Zandvoort

Circuit Zandvoort, known for sponsorship reasons as CM.com Circuit Zandvoort, previously known as Circuit Park Zandvoort until 2017, is a 4.259 km (2.646 mi) motorsport race track located in the dunes north of Zandvoort, the Netherlands, near the North Sea coast line. It returned to the Formula One calendar in 2021 as the location of the revived Dutch Grand Prix.

The official lap record for the current circuit layout is 1:11.097, set by Lewis Hamilton driving for Mercedes in the 2021 Dutch Grand Prix. The all-time fastest official track record set during a race weekend for the current Grand Prix Circuit layout is 1:08.885, set by Max Verstappen during qualifying for the aforementioned Grand Prix.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Custom skins:

Gilles da Silva has permission to create a special "Aptora" skin for his car. This is done as a service to our series sponsor Aptora.
    The skin can be seen from Zandvoort onwards. All the other cars will stay on their default skins.

• Like Like x 4
  4. John vd Geest

Heads-up Weather for Zandvoort

Be aware that there will be rain in the Zandvoort event as we duplicate the weather as it was.

The start was dry and it started raining at the end of lap 1, but I can't set up the server lap by lap, so ...
    We will start dry:
    0 - 20% dry
    20 - 40% medium rain
    40 - 80% dry
    80 - 100% medium rain

can't show it here www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7X7BS_vIs&t=20s

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Paulo Rodrigues

Paulo Rodrigues Pro Driver

From all the tracks that I run...in this one, more than the austrian red bull, it's impossible to rest...it's a constant stress. Have to aplaud the guys that make it in real life...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

I don't know if you know this, but the track is set with parc fermé and the only thing allowed to change is the fuel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. John vd Geest

Thanks Kostas, I'll look into this.
    Edit: Fixed.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

For me race time is now 1 hour earlier due day time saving ended.
    Its ok, just hoping everyone be at server on rightime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

My apologies. I can't make it. I try and do many things but I have to many things to do and it wears thin. Have fun all. Good times.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Summer time has ended

Due to the end of summer time, the race time is now:
    20:00 GMT Qual 15 min
    20:20 GMT Race

This is my own "Event Details". You can see in "Local Race Time" what your local time is.
    upload_2023-10-29_7-39-44.png

11. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

First of all ... Please make sure that you are in the 2023 car and NOT the 2022 car.

1. All 7 events of this series will be broadcasted
    Broadcast team: EithaRacingTeam
    Broadcasters: Lorenzo, Sameer & Ricardo
    Twitch broadcast link: https://www . twitch . tv / eitharacing (delete the spaces)
    Or go to the headlines on top of the homepage on race day.

2. Zandvoort event Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) 100% damage
    5) You have to change to a different tire compound (soft/medium/hard) at least once during the race, unless it rains. Then tirechoice is free.
    6) This event has a Formation lap with a standing start

3. Real F1 Raceday weather conditions apply
    We will simulate, as best as the server allows, the weather conditions as they were at the actual F1 event.
    The start of the race was dry and it started raining at the end of lap 1, but I can't set up the server lap by lap, so ...
    We will start dry:
    0 - 20% dry
    20 - 40% medium rain
    40 - 80% dry
    80 - 100% medium rain

4. Qualification procedure
    1) You do not have to start the race on the same tire that you qualified with.
    2) The Qual time will be 15 minutes in total.
    3) Chat is not allowed during Qual.

5. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

6. You can find the password for the race server on the Zandvoort event page.
    Check the driver / team list below to see what car you are assigned to.

7. You can find the server by first typing sro

8. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

9. Please use the
    same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

10. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.
    Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

12. John vd Geest

Newcomers / re-entries, please check the list for your appointed car!

DRIVERS / TEAMS LIST

Alfa Romeo
    [​IMG]
    #24 Kostas Kantzouras
    #77 Paulo Rodrigues
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alpha Tauri

[​IMG]
    #21 Gilles da'Silva
    #22 Riccardo Gengotti
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alpine

[​IMG]
    #10 Stephen Wenham
    #31 Jason Whited
    Aston Martin

[​IMG]
    #14 Nigel Middelton
    McLaren

[​IMG]
    #4 Phil Brown
    #81 Daniel Kristow
    Mercedes

[​IMG]
    #44 Robin Taylor
    #63 Nick Westy
    Haas

[​IMG]
    #20 Mark Hightree
    #27 Tim Cartwright
    Red Bull

[​IMG]
    #1 Cem Celik
    #11 Karl Strouhal
    Ferrari

[​IMG]
    #16 Rocco Mina
    #55 Lorne Martin
    Williams

[​IMG]
    #02 John van der Geest
    #23 Toni Talvitie

• Like Like x 2
  13. John vd Geest

Although we collide with the F1 race in Mexico, please try to attend the event at Zandvoort so we don't end up with just 11 cars on the track.
    That looks rather silly in a broadcast with a 72 laps race.
    I am recording the race in Mexico and will watch it later with a nice pizza. I suggest you do the same :)

I can tell you the final standings right now:

1. The Ferrari's start on position 1 and 2, but are having front wheel degradation problems, so they have to do 1 pitstop more than Verstappen.
    2. Mercedes will secure position 2 and 3 on the podium and the Ferrari's will drop back to position 4 and 5.
    3. Verstappen will win the race on account of tire saving and his speed.
    4. Perez will finish in 5th position because he can't go faster and is too nervous because of the outside pressure.
    5. Verstappen will get booed on the podium because the Mexicans can't accept that Verstappen is faster than Perez in the same car.
    They should actually be very thankful to Red Bull that Perez is still in F1.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Cem Çelik

Cem Çelik Pro Driver

hi ' qualifying round after setup to change Is it possible? race and qualifying the same must be ?

15. John vd Geest

Yes, you can change.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

had a massive lag on 1st sector at start and went to wall.
    even with repairs had difficulties turning the car and was so slow that no point in driving.
    was really tuned for wet but maybe someday...

• Like Like x 3
  17. John vd Geest

I had a really crazy race. 1 pitstop after another. Started on dry tires, but the server had a mind of its own and let it rain straight from the start. From that point on my race was doomed LOL! When I came in for wets, it became dry 2 minutes later, Stop and go for speeding, hit a backmarker who braked early and had to repair 30 sec ...
    It's a bloody miracle that I got 6th place :p:p:p

• Like Like x 3
  18. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

Well done all that finished, ambition was ahead of adhesion for me when I switched to slicks and went off line on the wet and totaled it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. John vd Geest

SRO Zandvoort.png

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

For a race set up to be 60% dry, that was pond-like ;). Well done everyone who made it to the finish and thanks to John for hosting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1