rFactor 2 Round 5 Autopolis International

Discussion in 'Super GT500 Japan Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Reminder that this is a 90 min race

3. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

Hi All, I can't make it home for this round but don't seem to be able to unregister. Apologies if this messes anything up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

1 hour time to praccy. Took setup from previous and tried to tune up a little but it was bumpy.
    Focus was mainly on tires and even wear and still front kept taking damage.
    Tough on tyres this one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver

I struggled with tyres, decided on a 2 stopper , wouldn't of made the tyres last on a 1 stop, good race though, Congrats toni!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

well done top 3, too pacy for me.

30 mins on mediums then and hour on hards but did not have the pace of the top 3, not enough grip, too much tyre wear, either the NSX can not handle bumps or I set it up way too stiff. Decided to run my own race after burning too much tyre trying to stay with the front 2, had a moment in turn 1 and ran wide and then made contact with barrier which cost me 3rd, .

Sorry if I was in wrong place at wrong time ken, I ran onto the marbles at the hairpin and was slow on exit.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ken Jagger

NP I tried to keep it more tight than normal to avoid you but lost it.....ho.hum :rolleyes:

8. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Can we get the server replay when you get a chance? I want to see what happened on lap 1, it was weird! Cheers!

9. Ken Jagger

10. Neil Wood

11. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

Another race off the pace... yay! :D Just can't get rid of that wheel/FFB judder on major load.

I knew my target at the start of the race and my strategy. Tried to keep as close as I could to everyone in the last few corners but they were already speeding off down the straight while the rest of us were navigating the last corners. Surely a leader pit limiter start would work better in future?

I had nothing for the top 4, lap times were just insane. Headed to turn 1 and i followed behind @Karl Strouhal. I don't know what happened as I braked early but the car ahead still seemed like it stopped in front and I couldn't avoid it, so I nerfed Karl into the gravel. I checked the speeds and I was going at the same apex speed was many others. I waited for Karl and then tried to regroup.

Did my best to close up and then @Ken Jagger and Karl had a coming together up to the hairpin which put me up one place. I chased Ken for a number of laps, thinking about where I could pass in future. This was my battle for the race so I stayed focused. I had a couple of tries at passes that didn't quite come through. At one point Ken must have got his exit to turn 1 wrong and I had to jump on the brakes to avoid his rear on exit. Everytime he made a mistake I was never close enough to capitalise.

He then headed to the pits and then I tried to increase my pace to use up my remaining rubber. I knew when I was pitting so kept watching the relative. The gap was getting bigger so I could pit and come out in front comfortably. What happened Ken?? Then I just circulated for the last 20 mins getting lapped.

I feel I have got better with this car through these races but with so few racers that have regularly turned up the skill spread is very large. My best lap was a 1:37.... others were doing 1:33s! Tempted to try the other cars just to see if it is just the NSX I'm struggling with. I purposely didn't choose to drive something else at the start because of the cockpit restricted view, especially in VR.

Suzuka should be a tyre eater. If the day to night performance wasn't so bad in this game, it would have been cool to do an evening to night race for the finale.

Why did these cars prove to be so unpopular that we struggle to get 10 drivers on track??

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ken Jagger

I hadn't set my pit stop to take tyres so had to fumble about with the HUD menu after entering the pits, but before hitting the box. Must've lost 10-15 secs in the shambles :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Not sure if it's the cars or just the usual summer absences.

14. Neil Wood

I saw you nearly hit the grass down the straight after the hairpin and I did wonder if it was pit menu related :D

I don't know if it is a bug with this mod or the game, I wasn't able to select the correct tyres I wanted until later in the race. I had the choice of mediums, then later in the race I got the choice of all of them. Also... sometimes I could select changing the front and have to change the rear separately, other times it selected the same compound for both.

15. Ken Jagger

Hmm can't say I've noticed that before but will take a look at it next time. Nearly the end of the series so it hasn't caused us any issues so far, which is a good thing.

16. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

these are not the easiest cars to be quick in out of the box, you have to work on setup which most people are not willing to put the time in for so it won't be as popular as GT3 cup where there is limited setup options, they are still fun cars tho, its basically gran turismo but with a million times better physics engine, the graphics upgrades in rf2 on max settings also make the cars look good I think, reminds me of days as a kid going round a friends house to play GT2 before I could convince parents to buy a PlayStation.

• Like Like x 1