Assetto Corsa Round 5 Charade 4Km

Discussion in 'European Touring Car Championship Closed' started by Stefan Lagodin, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Hello chaps,
    I took a small brake from simracing, but getting back into things. And I noticed you guys are running some cool cars with AC again. So I already did some practice laps yseterday. Altough I am not sure if I can make the early starting time tonight. Hope to see you on track tonight.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hope you can make it Stefan :)

3. Ken Jagger

SERVER IS UP

4. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Hi guys, nice to see the server is running again!
    The track link is dead. You need to find Charade 2018 in the downloads section.

Simon

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Q was a surprise lap for me, was expecting 1.58 or something and bmw's beeing half a second ahead.

T Took a little grass on 1st lap and car flew off while trying to fight Ken.
    There was a gap between 1st and 2nd and somehow car went through that didnt hit anyone but my rear to far off wall behind the sandpit.
    There was then 16 - 17 seconds to catch P1, traffic included, but driving was really fun today and just decided to doit. Cant remember what best lap was here, 1.56.4-5? so was really flying and enjoying myself. Traffic was good but then was the fight for 3rd spot with @Ken Jagger . I knew he is not going to let me cruise by so there was few laps racing.
    Finally he went little long on hairipin so squeezed my car inside and tackled his right side ( little rude, but just had to take it ).
    Trying to chase top 2 was little hard now since driving behind others kinda made me lose my own rhytm of things. Anyhow in the end catched them but race was over.

Fun stuff, good race!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ken Jagger

Looking into it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Simon Barnes

Simon Barnes Pro Driver

Only realised that the website was active again at 1700. By the time I'd eaten, only had a short practice time.
    Poor start, but I wanted to let you guys get clear. Surprised to see Tony shoot up the hill at the second hairpin! Very spectacular.
    Had a nice rhythm going for a while, pulled over to let the lappers go.
    My objectives were:
    Not to crash - had a couple of minor offs.
    Not to get lapped...
    Revised to : Not to get lapped twice . I pulled off track to let the pack get to the finish line.
    Managed a 2-04 on one lap - man, that was hairy. Just got to get used to it.
    Thanks Ken and racers.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

What a race, I had to work until 10 minutes before the race, so practice was short, fortunately I already did some yesterday. I missed the Pole by quite a bit, Toni had a stellar lap and Paul was also one or two tenth faster. I knew that was not ideal, but other than in Mantorp I wanted to be careful at the start and then I hoped for a long race.
    Of course, that Paul gained quite some time through the chicanes helped. But I also saw you on the gras and thought, that could be a situation, where I better leave the door open and wait to turn in. When you watch the replay (see below), then you could think I had everything under control. But that is only partially true, as soon as I lost Toni in my rear mirror, I was blind and just hoped the best. Moments after I started to turn in, because otherwise I would have missed the turn, he flew past - whew...

The rest of the race was less hazard from behind and more being a "hazard" for Paul. Not really to be honest, I tried to challenge him, but my tyres were also overheating. Like a yo-yo I closed the gap but as soon as I was really close, I struggled to stay close there and launch an attack. If you watch my last lap, how can really see how much I was fighting to stay on the track. There would have been a chance, if he made a bigger error and even then it would be difficult to overtake without contact. But he positioned his car very good, so I had never a real grasp. Well done.

Same for Jerez at the page for the next round.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Toni Talvitie

Thank you!! Highlight of my race :)

10. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Thanks for another incredible race Philip. Every time I tried to pull away I would over heat my rears. I was continuously adjusting bias back and forth to stop the back end coming around. One lap i would have understeer and the next would be oversteer. We both did consistent laps within a few tenths of qually time so it was great. I made a few mistakes which kept allowing you to try but I had to take away the opportunity by car placement. I don't think I have ever driven a car on the sim that you can notice the balance change so much throughout the wear cycle of the tyres. I love it! keeps you working...

I have to admit that it is a totally different experience, for me to be at the front. I am so use to being mixed in with everyone, fighting for positions and defending. Having to defend with no one in front is new for me. lol. I hope I can take this focus in to the next series(fingers crossed).

I look forward to the next and final race in two weeks. I will definitely miss this car after this series.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ken Jagger

Fixed :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toni Talvitie

13. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Hi Ken, there don't seem to be any results from last Thursdays race at Charade. Other races since then have been posted, just wondering if this was just missed.

14. Ken Jagger

The results posting was delayed due to my being away for a week until yesterday. They have now been processed :)

• Like Like x 1