Project Cars 2 Round 5 Circuit of the Americas National

Discussion in 'Formula C USA Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

servers up!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Branco has registered! Welcome back mate!:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob Milliken

P1 will be up 1 hr before Q make sure the server is empty for the host to join at 18:00 gmt!

4. Rob Milliken

Race day PW is set on the champ page.
    Please do not join the server before the host @ 18:00 GMT.. In PC2 MP the first player to join becomes the HOST so if its empty please dont join ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Phillipe, your tires overheat or what? EDIT: forgot you and Brian had some damage in T1
    Gerhard! good stuff after my teammate slowed you a bit;). That bump I gave you righteously gave me a smidge of understeer (front wing damage 3)
    and I thought it was over, but I moved the brake bias back one notch and got close one more time.. but not enough.

Bjorn, what a bummer, you need a new brake mechanic. I googled and cant find any posts about that problem.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Congrats to @Gerhard Hofmann and @Scott Ring on the podium, I saw Bjorn had the same problem as last race with the brakes, really strange one:confused:, and a real pain.
    Nice move in to turn 1 at the start Gerhard, got you straight in to P2, awesome move.
    Shame there was a bit of trouble with some others with contact and damage, never easy or fun running with issues.

Thanks to all and nice to see some more drivers, and thx to Rob for standing in for Ken.
    Cya at the next one:)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Good fight Scott, enjoy it please, soon i am too old for such hard candy.
    Great racing, 40 min with Scott in my neck, it was hell, i had moments of doubt and pain.:eek:
    Grats Julian, you are driving in another World.
    Sorry for my teammate, he has to sort out his technical problem.
    Looking forward to Long Beach, hopefully with Ken, this will be a graveyard for our cars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Probably both things hampered my race a bit. Obviously quali lap was a shock, where did this pace come from?
    Race was not that good but also not bad. I expected maneuvers into turn one, so I opted for a wider line at the start. Still not wide enough somehow, because if the guy on the inside misses the apex the guy on the outside is screwed anyway.

Although I won´t complain that much, I was lucky not to spin and damage was 3 at the front and 4 at the rear. Still ok, maybe a bit more difficult which helped that a spun two times but that was also on me. I tried to much but compared to Björns black series that are minor problems.

Stellar job from Julian, congrats to the podium, see you soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver

Big congrats to all porium great job and pace :cool: extra to team mate for the second place :)
    Thank you to admins for all the fun ;)
    My race was as bad as I thought it should be with 2 pit stop again :oops:
    :oops: apologise to Branco I was about to let you pass but you follow
    me in to that curve as I slow done. Second time I run in to you from behind :rolleyes:
    Second and more big problem is that Laguna issue came back , with loos of FB and when that
    happend also the full hud disapperd. So every time 6 or 7 can´t remember it took some time
    to get all sorted out.
    No I dot have open wheeler in my dna thats for sure , and with that said I will not take
    part in those two race left .
    I will try to finish the RF2 race if possible :(:confused:

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver

My first time with this cars and surprisingly I was able to put some nice pace after a keep spinning all the time in P1, my rear was faster than me :confused:

Nice start, trying to avoid all the cars around and end up P6.

I was catching Bjorn and try keep on his tail to get better exit to pass but he brake a little earlier than I was expected and I bump him a little bit, sorry for that, I didn´t realize you are letting me space to pass, waited for you to continue and see you spinning couple of corners later.

Then I put myself into the barrier :mad:, have to pit, exited P9, them I did it again :mad::mad: a couple of laps after and need to go a lap all around without rear wing driving like a taxi driver :(, when I was almost there I pull to the side to let someone pass but a second car behind, looks like it was Bjorn hit me and make me fly, I think I was in a blind spot on that speed right curve and my rear was also sliding around so I'm not sure if it wasn't my fault too.

It was good to be back even if it didn't go to the end, hope to be able to join you guys in the next one. :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Pro Driver

Real shame @Björn Johansson you wont be doing the last two races, but really hope you manage to get your problem with PC2 sorted. good luck.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Is this a 'pc2 only' your having? or is rF2 also having issues with your wheel setup? have you tried to reinstall your wheel software? or maybe its a deeper issue with usb hubs or something? Tec issues can be frustrating... I know PC2 is not supported anymore but you should still be able to delete problem files/folders and run the file integrity from steam to rebuild.. or is it a hardware /wheel / peddle issue?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Brian Donald

Brian Donald Pro Driver Donator

Steady race for me finishing P4. Had contact on T1 (very tight corner) but damage was slight and was able to keep a steady pace throughout the race. Congrats to the podium and see you all next meeting.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver

So far only in PC2 and with this cars , very randomly , I have two wheel so have done change . not sure of the result and after that
    I have to await the CSL DD new date is 1 April hop its not a joke havne´t try file integrity but I will now thanks :)

• Like Like x 3