rFactor 2 Round 5 Hungaroring

Discussion in 'Formula BMW Euro-Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

insane pace mates, thank for the thrill and the good fights!!!!
    Grats to the podium drivers and all survivers!!!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

To be honest, after qualifying I no idea how it can be worse than in Portugal. This doesn't concern the position or the lap time, rather the feeling in the cockpit.
    In contrast to that, the first few laps behind Scott felt great. I was able to put him under a lot of pressure and passed him in turn two arround the outside.
    But as soon as I was in clear air the feeling changed again. Now the guys behind were putting me under a lot of pressure. Ken and Toni passed me, but both had some sort of a crash. Although I have no idea what happened to Toni. So it was again between myself and Scott, although Gerhard was keen to benefit from our fight. And it was not out of reach, at some point I had both mirros full of cars. It required som defensive driving to stay in front and some luck, because I avoid a bigger error but made serval smaller ones.

I think I opted again form too much wing, because I suffered at the straight, which was probably my strength at the first three races. But I will not take such extreme measures as Ken. I was not surprised to see you in my mirror again but I expected your car with an intact front wing. :D

Great racing again guys, this time with the better end for me. See you in two weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

After my first contact with the barrier, which was a result of being distracted by the Yellow Flag ahead when Ramon also went off, my HUD damage indicator was flashing on the front wing, so I thought I had lost it. Fortunately I managed to adapt to it and caught back up the fighting trio of Scott, Gerhard & Philipp, with a lot more top speed on the main straight than previously but that was accompanied by less front end grip in the twisty bits. I managed to adapt to it and gained some of the positions I lost earlier on, but couldn't quite manage to hold it together when behind Philipp. Not sure what happened to Toni, maybe not enough fuel(?), so was gifted one extra position when he coasted to a halt.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Well had a little crash and major crash.
    1st one was when trying to pass Kostas in T1 - T2. Just didnt see him and while looking to side and rear few times, my tyres wondered to grass and little crash was done.
    After that there were good moments of racing with various artists and eventually got back to podiim positions.
    Then the big crash. Graphics froze and game crashed. Happens way too often. Every other race or so and its only rf2.
    Was happy with pace considering havent really driven anything nor done practice. Only Michal was untouchable.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Ramon Pujals Cavalle

Ramon Pujals Cavalle Pro Driver Donator

Well guys, regarding the race... I guess I am the flash on the pan of the week :(. I had the speed but lacked consistency. I have been a hot lapper for the past two yrs in Assetto Corsa and it shows. I was very fast at the beggining, 1:48:1 with full tank, and was getting close to Michal (p1) but then... I started to overdrive with looooong slides and other antics that sent me off track. Twice! I was having some issues with a nasty cold with an inconvinient running nose so i decided to retire. Well, more to come I guess. Cya soon lads!

• Like Like x 2